Mutant High Issue 3: Revelations

Victim

First Post
"Electric currents produce magnetic fields," Temper explains, staring at Serena. "You need to be careful with secondary effects and accidental uses of your power. You wouldn't just wave a loaded firearm around, right?"

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Serena bit her lip. "Temper, my powers have never done that before," she said pointing to the metal shifting on the table. With an effort, now that she realizes what's going on, she manages to stop the movement.

"I think.... Cerebro probably opened my powers in a new direction. Or maybe woke up something that had been there all along." she shrugged as she finished downloading the information she gleaned from the satalite imaging.

"Okay.... I managed to locate the base, so we won't just be wandering about. Now let's see what sort of tricks they might have waiting for us." she remarked and grinned at Magneto. "I think this is more your area of expertise than mine," she thought a moment.

"My parents and Professor Xaviar will probably hate it, but.... You're probably the best person to help me get those magnetism powers under control. I don't want to help destroy or conquer humanity, but I do want to make sure I'm not a danger to everyone around me either," she shook her head worriedly.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"Neither do I, but they continue forcing the issue and I will not let my people be treated like animals by those that we have evolved beyond. I fight because it is neccessary, not out of some need for violence or bloodshed, regardless of what the media may say about me. I would have hoped Charles would at least have disuaded that type of thinking, for old times sake. We both want what is best for mutantkind. The only difference is he's not willing to take the last step. Not yet, at least."

He shakes his head "But enough of that. I would be pleased to help you learn to control this power."

Meanwhile, Serena has managed (with ease) to hack into a mapping satelite in the area, using it's cameras she has located the base, but can only get a Visual display of the surrounding area. The main complex appears to be underground, with the entrance being set into a cliff-face. The trees in the area do a good job of covering most of what there is, but now that you know where to look you can see armed patrols and a few sheds on the surface.

*SEE OOC THREAD FOR MORE*

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda glanced at Magneto, "You don't know what is best for our kind. Seriously, you don't..."

She glanced towards the others, "Right now there's a school filled with mutant children who are afraid and needs hope. Children who need to know that they were not abandoned by those who were chosen to protect, defend, and fight for them. They need the X-Men... " She smiled to Xi'an, "Let's go."

kirinke

First Post
Miranda glanced at Magneto, "You don't know what is best for our kind. Seriously, you don't..."

She glanced towards the others, "Right now there's a school filled with mutant children who are afraid and needs hope. Children who need to know that they were not abandoned by those who were chosen to protect, defend, and fight for them. They need the X-Men... " She smiled to Xi'an, "Let's go."

"Who does know what's best for everyone?" Serena countered. "No one, that's who. We can only do what's best for ourselves and not hurt anyone in the process," her expression turned grim at memories of her parents stories and what she's seen on the street. "Unfortunantly, some people think they know what's best for others and aren't shy on using force." she looked at Miranda and the other kids.

"At least untill I've learned how to use my magnetic powers, it might be best for Magneto to um 'kidnap' me." she grinned a little at the older mutant. "Considering your past, kidnapping would be all too believable. Once I've learned how to control my powers, it'd be pretty easy for you to ahh arrange a rescue for me,"

She looked at the monitor. "This doesn't give us much to go on. For thermal scans, we'll need a military or a hi-profile surveying satelite to come into position. Normal sats are pretty easy to hack into, but those kind of sats take a bit more in the way of finessing. I think.... We need that though, because going into a situation like this blind, is not smart and could get us all killed,"

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Xi'an looks frustrated at the continued conversation and the lack of action.

"Look, our story won't be that complex...and I see no need to bring Magneto, clones, or Nightcrawler into it at all. Basically, we got separated from the rest of the school in the fight when the Blackbird went down, the rest of us are with Cyclops, and we've been told to check on the school before rejoining Professor Summers and the others...the only lie we'll have to tell is that Tess is a new student who was arriving at school just as the fighting broke out...and the minor lies of omission where we don't mention Professor Summers's condition, Magneto, or what we're about to go do to put a stop to further attacks."

He breathes deep and looks at the others with a bit of a scowl.

"So, if there aren't any other questions, shall we get on with it?"

Shayuri

First Post
"That'll be even easier because it's kind of true," Tess says, waving the students in closer to her. "I was on my way there when Erik stopped the bus. A good thing too, because I would have gotten there probably just as the attack was coming off."

She holds her hands out. "Everyone grab on and don't let go until I tell you. It'll take more than one hop to get there."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Xi'an sighed in relief to finally be going and grabs Tess's hand.

"I'm glad the story works out then."

He smiles at Tess and squeezes her hand slightly.

"Let's get to school."

kirinke

First Post
"Good luck," Serena says as she begins to attempt to hack into whatever thermal imaging sat she can find. She finds one that fits the bill, thankfully not a military sat, but a hi-profile surveying satelite with thermal imaging. Nice.... she thought grimly and attempts to link up to it. The air around her shimmers with static electricity and ionized air.

Datalink to link up to the computer
1d20+15 → [8,15] = (23) link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/268700/

Hacking the Satalite
[16,17]=(33)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/268703/

Last edited:

Remove ads