• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants and Masterminds: The Heroes of Freedom [Recruit, Check Waiting List]

ES2

First Post
I don't think I will be leader at the beginning. :D I doubt all of ya want to follow the lead of somebody who doesn't know his own name.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
*Sigh* I guess I pretty much screwed up on my character... As I said I'm pretty new and didn't realize I need to pay for the extras...

Now I've read that I do and it's talking this costs more but this drops the price by one...

Anywho, not sure when I'll get to fix it as I have days the next two days (12 hour work day each day)

If someone knows how the extra cost works please let me know...

garyh

First Post
I'll be picking up the book Tuesday and starting on a PC then. I'm thinking speed and/or psychoportation powers. Basically, mobility would be his schtick.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Hammerhead, hey I would like to get a hold of you offline so I can show you my concept in private but your email is blocked. I doubt I can chat when your awake tomorrow so if you could email me at:
ftn4life@earthlink.net

I would appreciate it :) as I'm an as I wrote the email before it I looked for your address. *LOL*

Tokiwong

First Post
Black Crane
Jet Long
PL 10
Concept:
Teen turned hero via enchanted Amulet granting him Kung Fu Wuxia powers

Abilities (27 points)
Strength 14
Dexterity 20
Constitution 14
Intelligence 13
Wisdom 14
Charisma 12

Combat Abilities (39 points)
Base Attack Bonus: +7
Base Defense: +9
Initiative: +19
Defense: 35
Flat-Footed Defense: 19
Melee Attack: +12 (+12 L/S, Strike)
Ranged Attack: +12
Damage Save: +4/+17 Evasion
Fortitude Save: +2
Reflex Save: +15
Will Save: +2 (Mental Protection +10)
Move: 30 feet/50 feet leap

Skills (2 points)
Acrobatics (1) +16
Balance (1) +16

Feats (4 points, 16 points Device Feats, 20 points total)
All-Out Attack*
Attack Finesse*
Blind-Fight*
Dodge*
Evasion*
Expertise*
Improved Disarm*
Improved Grapple*
Improved Initiative
Improved Trip*
Instant Stand
Move-By-Attack*
Quick Draw*
Rapid Strike*
Sidekick*
Stunning Attack*
Toughness*
Throwing Mastery*

* All have the Device Flaw, attached to the Magical Amulet

Powers
Magic Amulet of the Sword-Saint: Super-Dexterity +10; (Extras- Strike, Leaping, Bouncing, Mental Protection; Stunts- Dual Damage; Flaws- Device); 6pp; 62 points; Source- Magic

Background: Youth, action, and kung-fu. Those are the signature characteristics of Jet Long, the hero known as Black Crane. 18 year old College Student, trying to make it through school working as a Chinese Food Delivery boy, riding his bike to and from work. With a dream to have a degree in something, just has not figured that part out yet. But all the while getting drug into crazy adventures because of an amulet his Uncle bequeathed to him, upon his death.

He is a pretty normal guy, with an incorporeal spirit as a constant and annoying companion. Ruining his chances with women, not that he had any chances, always trying to make him do the right thing, and act like a proper hero. Of course the spirit is a little out of date, but he tries. The spirit is that of the original Black Crane, an ancient warrior who fought for justice. And then died, and got his soul tied to this amulet to aid others in the battle against evil and chaos. Sadly he only has Jet Long to work with, and he isn’t exactly up to Black Crane’s standards.

CHANGE: Dropped Combat Sense

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Nice character, Tokiwong.

A couple of questions, however. First, your Damage Save with Evasion is +17; however, you only have +5 Dex and +10 Super Dex. Did you forget Lightning Reflexes? Also, how does your Amulet cost 62? I count Super Dex, Leaping with an extra, Strike, Mental Protection, and Combat Sense. Isn't that 7 effects? (1 base +3 Super Dex +1 Leaping+Bouncing +1 Strike +1 Mental Protection +1 Combat Sense -1 Device=7pp per level, right?)

Also, will you design your sidekick or do you want me to try?

Tokiwong

First Post
Toughness applies to all damage saves :)

And you may be right, I can never get the hang of the stacking stuff for powers drop Combat Sense, and we should be good to go

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads