Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition

Aryoche

Explorer
I'm looking forward to seeing this, and I seriously hope Ultimate Power is incorporated into the main rules as opposed to being a seperate book.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Gah! I just bought five or six Second Edition books! I even found a copy of Ultimate Power!

Is Steve Kenson still in control?

Any statements on how backwards compatible with Second Edition?

Any speculation on what the most major changes will be?

JoeGKushner

First Post
I hope they seriously kick up the art. 1st ed had some of the best looking super hero RPG books period. The second ed art was all over the place from awesome to that shouldn't be there.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Veeery tempting. I don't play much M&M lately, and I'll have to wait for the internet verdict to see if it's something I'll want just yet.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I'm glad they're doing this. Hopefully DC Adventures will bring in some new RPG blood, so having a fresh rulebook on the shelf next to it makes a lot of sense.

I bought the 1E rulebook and never played, and bought the 2E rulebook and never played*. Reason tells me I shouldn't make it a trifecta, but I'm adding it to my "forthcoming goodies" wishlist anyway. :)

*Except for that one time playing in an awesome** Piratecat game at GenCon. But it was Indianapolis, and we were young. How was I to know?

**Is there any other kind?

Last edited:

ProtoClone

First Post
Cool...but I have yet to play any of the editions. :(

Hopefully this new edition will be something that doesn't need a purchase for those unable to make one and can be handled with a .pdf of what has changed.

Remove ads