[Mutants & Masterminds / DC Adventures] Freedomverse Issue #1 "Black & White"

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC: Injury -2 (or -3)
Dazed
Hero Points 1 (or 0)

Unarmed Close attack, Damage +8: 1D20+12 = [1]+12 = 13, of course :( re-rolling with a Hero Point Close attack, Damage +8: 1D20+12 = [17]+12 = 29. He needs a Toughness save DC 23
Toughness save (if he gets his Reaction to do that attack BUT I don’t think you get Reactions when you are Dazed, but could be wrong); Toughness save: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9 man. Last Hero Point if I have to make this roll; Toughness save: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10, hmm lucky its +10 if I roll less than a 10, which would be another Injury

Sorry there @jonathonhawke as I am Dazed this round I can't move and attack and the only opponent in melee range for me is White Knight.

OOC: The rules aren't very clear on this. However since this is a Flame Aura and is kept up like a force field I would say it is still on.
I will allow you to take back that action if you want and change it, or stick with taking another injury. Up to you.

GreenKarl

First Post
OOC: The rules aren't very clear on this. However since this is a Flame Aura and is kept up like a force field I would say it is still on.
I will allow you to take back that action if you want and change it, or stick with taking another injury. Up to you.

OOC: Naw, I spent two HP and I am all out BUT I hit him and I am still up

hero4hire

Explorer
Before White Knight could form a retort he ate the business end of Tarantula's fist. THWACK!!! He sends the fiery racist flying back with the blow. Knight lays there in a heap, his silvery white flame sputtering out. The Amazing Arachnoid's triumph however is cut short when he notices a trail of smoke wafting up before him. His hand had caught aflame from the blow.

OOC: Natural One for the Kayo! Tarantula takes another hit. No in game ongoing effect.Just flavor from the aura damage

Prometheus is up!

hero4hire

Explorer
Upon getting no takers to his challenge and seeing his ally go flying from Tarantula's punch Johnny Reb shrugged. "Ah well...Good help is so hard to find these days! I suppose I will have to choose which one of you dies first..." Johnny then sighs and point his cavalry saber towards the heroes one-by-one. "Eenie, meanie, minie, moe. Catch a n*****-lover by the toe..."
OOC: Johnny will be taking his delayed turn. Prometheus defends. I will randomly be assigning a target
1 Astral, 2 Hawk, 3 Hex, 4 Prometheus, 5 Tarantula

[roll0]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
The blade comes to a stop pointing towards Astral and erupts with hellfire. Like a flamethrower, the sword erupts in a gout of fire. Fortunately so telegraphed was Johnny's attack it was child play to dodge the flame. The blast continues past the group and Hex's warding, hits a marble pillar, Inexplicably the pillar catches fire and begins to burn and crumble to ash.

OOC: Big ole whiff!

hero4hire

Explorer
The chatter of gunfire erupts again. Dozens upon dozens of bullets pause in mid-air at Hex's warding and fall to the ground. However, the sheer amount ammunition held back is enough to cause the wards to drop, leaving the group vulnerable to further attacks.

OOC: I am going to handwave the 2 dozen or so rolls and say that many attack and toughness checks of rank 5 multiattack vs rank 9 barrier destroys it. Hex is next.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hex strained with visible effort to hold the tide of lead at bay, holding her hands out with elbows and knees flexed as if holding up some great weight. The warding glowed with a dull violet light as she poured ever more power into it. Finally she let out a gasp and the unearthly light vanished as the protection ebbed.

It had done its job though. The constant chatter of automatic fire had paused as the henchmen had to reload. They had an opening!

"Someone quiet those guns down!" Hex barked as she rounded on Johnny Reb, the ancient Grimoire eagerly opening itself to a particular page in her hand.

"I know you," she said to the villain coldly. "I've seen what beats in your heart, and I can smell the evil you've welcomed into yourselves. You belong to it now...and I won't let you, or it, hurt anyone else."

She looked down to read the first phrase of the spell, and a circle enclosing a complex hexagonal pattern erupted in lines of magenta flames at her feet. The air in the museum took on a strange feeling...it seemed to move without quite being wind, expanding and contracting as if they were standing at the center of some vast and unknowable heart.

Hex called out to something unseen, her voice magnified beyond its normal volume, though she wasn't trying to raise it.

"The oozing crest of corruption, the arrogant vessel of madness! Deny the seething urge…stun and flicker…disrupt the sleep! The crawling queen of iron! The eternally self-destructing doll of mud! Unite! Repulse! Fill the earth, and know your own powerlessness!"

The 'heartbeat' barely audible in the air strengthened, and more of those magenta hex-circles began to appear in the air as she spoke. More. And more. Dozens. The entire museum lobby was lit with that eerie pink-violent glow! As one, they all erupted into seething portals in to...somewhere else. Through them could be seen a red-streaked sky filled with endless towers of thunderheads and tornado vortexes, riven and torn by scarlet twists of lightning that stitched the clouds together like needlework.

Through the portals, that lightning poured now. A hundred bolts of it, all converging on one place.

(100 ways 2 die: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25. Toughness save DC 25, multiattack.)

hero4hire

Explorer
Reb's eyes go wide under his hood as the mystical barrage is launched. He is lifted off of the ground and the silhouette of his skeleton could be seen through lit up flesh. A charred, smoking husk collapses to the ground, and the saber clatters across the polished marble floor towards the group, extinguished.

OOC: OUCH!

Hawk and Astral are up. If your actions don't interfere with each other's I don't really care.

Shayuri

First Post
Hex's eyes widen in sudden horror and she closes the Grimoire and looks around. "I...that...oh God."

(OOC- Bwah...did not expect to kill him, lol...)

Remove ads