[Mutants & Masterminds / DC Adventures] Freedomverse Issue #1 "Black & White"

hero4hire

Explorer
Pseudo rises almost sheepishly. An odd expression from the otherwise stoic alien. "She accidentally established a mental link with me and tapped into the enormity of the Grue Unity. Only through strict discipline and concentration do I keep the Meta-Mind separate from my consciousness. Her sudden intrusion surprised me. She should be alright. I believe I secluded us before any harm was done."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"You believe?" Hex asked, aghast. She looked at Astral worriedly. "Can you take a moment and be sure? I'd hate to think the meta-mind was able to do anything to her even in such a short time."

hero4hire

Explorer
"You believe?" Hex asked, aghast. She looked at Astral worriedly. "Can you take a moment and be sure? I'd hate to think the meta-mind was able to do anything to her even in such a short time."

"We should know momentarily." Pseudo replied as he looked on to Astral.

hero4hire

Explorer
After making sure everyone is fit for duty; you step through the teleportal and instantly thousands of miles to the second floor of Freedom Hall.

zeta_tube_background_by_snowofdahila-d959cib.png

latest

freedomhall.jpg

The sensation leaves you all feeling a bit off, akin to motion sickness one gets from reading in a car. You are told it takes some getting used to. Thankfully the feeling quickly passes.

hero4hire

Explorer
Using your various modes of transportation, either personal or provided by a handy sky-bike you all arrive at the Hunter Museum of Natural History just north of Liberty Park.
The museum itself is an impressive piece of architecture. A huge three story building of marble and steel, the building looks like it belonged on a hilltop in ancient Greece where oracles divined the future from Apollo or where priests paid homage to Zeus.

themetmuseum_zpsfdca9bbd.jpg

Before the lofty marble columns stand dozens of police cars. Despite a mixture of sleet and snow, a crowd has formed behind Police Lines and shouts and cheers herald your arrival. "Look! the Freedom League!"
A tall barrel-chested man seems to be in charge. His broad face could only be described as a "mug" and his clothing seems to come from the wardrobe of a 70s cop show. On his Brown Derby, a badge denoting his affiliation can clearly be seen.

Dan_Turpin_-_Superman_-_Funeral_for.jpg

star.jpg

Upon spotting your arrival “Bulldog” Maddicks commander of the Freedom STAR Squad yells; "Aww crap! I told Kane my boys and me can handle this! We don't need a buncha amateurs mucking things up! You Leaguers can get the hell outta here before ya get someone shot!"

GreenKarl

First Post
"And we love you too Mr. Bulldog" Tarantula says with a smile (hidden by his mask of course). "But now that we got all dressed up and bothered to come to the party maybe we can be useful? After all we are Freedom League", to which Tarantula stands straight and puts his hands on his hip. Looking at the others he says "Come up guys and gals, we are the Freedom League, lets look respectable."

OOC: While he does not have it yet, Taunt and Deception are on my list of items to spend XP on ;)

tglassy

Adventurer
Hawk hasn't felt motion sickness since he started flying, but this was different. He really needed to work on teleportation. He was so close. Then he wouldn't have to deal with other people's teleportation.

He took off into the air, flapping his wings out of habit. They helped, he guessed, but he really didn't need them anymore. He made his way to the Museum, hovering a few feet off the ground by simply canceling out his own weight and generating a stationary gravity well where he was, just strong enough to keep him from being blown about by the wind.

"Preferably the someone who gets shot will be one of us," Hawk said. "And since bullets don't scare us, that would be preferable. Can you give us more information about what's going on?"

Shayuri

First Post
Hex shrugged at Maddicks. "Look, the Commissioner asked us to come. If you don't like it, take it up with her. In the meantime you're stuck with us, so you may as well use us. All we know right now is that there's a hostage situation involving two metahumans?"

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC: Those wanting to can try Persuasion checks on Bulldog. Or if you prefer, a Team Roll with a designated "leader" rolling and the others making Aid checks

Remove ads