D&D General My cousin in law used random Treasure generation tables that resulted in A 1st level Party getting a permanent potion of Heroism. Ideas

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I wondered that myself, so I asked him and its a custom made table that he made and the only reason this kind of thing is possible is because he thought it would never happen, which means he thought that he'd never have to worry about it
Anyone dedicated to random tables should know that everything on it is a possibility

He needs to realize if you roll enough times, anything can happen. And if he didn't think it would happen, why put it on the table?
Because he doesn’t exist.

One first time DM who is inexplicably DMing 1st edition in 2023, constantly invents bizarre house houserules despite DMing for the first time and has an inordinate love of random tables despite not considering how they interact is an oddity.

Four of them stretches limits of believability.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
I guess? But couldn't you easily make a thread asking something like:

"Hypothetical situation that almost came up that I wasn't sure how to rule on: player drank a potion of super-heroism while under the effect of another potion. Using the miscibility rules in the 1e DMG, it almost came to pass that the potion's effect could have been permanent. How would you have handled this scenario as a DM?"

ilgatto

How inconvenient
I guess? But couldn't you easily make a thread asking something like:

"Hypothetical situation that almost came up that I wasn't sure how to rule on: player drank a potion of super-heroism while under the effect of another potion. Using the miscibility rules in the 1e DMG, it almost came to pass that the potion's effect could have been permanent. How would you have handled this scenario as a DM?"
Perhaps. However, then we would no longer be able to be intrigued by the amazingly brilliant weirdness of these posts.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases