D&D 4E My First Scoop - info on 4e Gnolls! [Morrus, is this news worthy?!]

Nyaricus

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Oh, and I love the flavor of gnolls in 4E.
Ari Marmell (sp?) was just saying this yesterday about how he likes the new gnoll flavour - and now in this scoop, Morrus linked us to Scott Winters blog, which had this to say:

Steve Winter said:
In the past, gnolls were like mistreated junkyard dogs. Now, gnolls are like mistreated junkyard devil-dogs. Catch the difference?
So, it seems gnolls are becoming more devilish in 4e, possibly their connection with what's-his-name (that devil lord who looks like a gnoll) is going to be played up in 4e... (possible Warlock connection? Devil Pacts?)

Anyways, just a small catch of mine for all you Gnoll-lovers out there!

cheers,
--N

DandD

First Post
Didn't the Gnolls rather have a demonic patron somewhere in the Abyss in 3rd edition? They were Chaotic Evil, as far as I remember. So, making them devilish is quite... a change, like the change of putting succubi on the Devil team, I guess.

Klaus

First Post
Gnolls and Ghouls, btw.

And before him gnolls had another god, who lost influence and diminished to the point where he was merely an uber-gnoll. PCs had to take him down in one of the adventures in Planes of Chaos, iirc.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Not really news-worthy, we already know much more than that about gnolls from the Worlds and Monsters book...

Sorry Nyaricus!

Voss

First Post
I took the devil-dog comment just to mean that as dog is to devil-dog, so 3e gnoll is to 4e gnoll. They were just more of a threat.
Because Yeenoghu is a demon and all.

Irda Ranger

First Post
I've got artwork! Behold, the 4E Gnoll!!

devil_dogs_sm.jpg

Sonny

Adventurer
Voss said:
I took the devil-dog comment just to mean that as dog is to devil-dog, so 3e gnoll is to 4e gnoll. They were just more of a threat.
Because Yeenoghu is a demon and all.
Then again, Gnolls were serving the Ruler of Ruins, when Nerath fell. I have no idea who the Ruler of Ruin is, but it sounds like it could be a demon lord.

Kesh

First Post
Dear god, you have no idea how badly I want to play a gnoll warlock right now. :D

Anyway, gnolls revere Yeenoghu, who usurped the layer of the Abyss ruled by the King of Ghouls. Hence, his reverence by both gnolls and ravenous undead.

He is also responsible for their excellent pimpin' skills.

Remove ads