My Paladin killed a.. 2nd thread (The Verdict is IN - p4)

I'd created a ID for myself primarily to participate in these proceedings. Alas, it appears that I am late and a just ruling has been made by this august gathering of sacred knights. It took me some time to arrive from Amn. In any case, since I am here, allow me to introduce myself:

I am Emir Saladin Al'Kashan, (11th Level) Paladin and Sacred Knight of Tyr. Nephew to the present Sultan of Amn (Faerun). Youngest son of the 3rd in line to the Throne.

I would like to recdeive feedback from the Vindicator and his DM with regard to the Council's ruling.

JoeBlank

Explorer
Very impressive. Good show, everyone.

If Vindicator and his DM agree to live by the judgment of this council they will have a cool campaign story to tell for years to come.

(Much thumping, thudding and general noise)

Dwarf in full-plate bursts in.

"I be Ullric Forgehammer, LG Paladin of the dwarven gods, Hail Claggidin & Moradin! I am hear to hear.... Where's everyone got to? Really, you shouldn't post those notices so high, we shorter folk have a hard time reaching them. And really, do you need that many stairs? It took me an hour just to get over here.

Well, I'm late and missed it. As usual I suppose. Well for what it matters to those still standing around. I find nothing more valuable than freedom and mercy. This girl only walks free today because of this man's actions. Yea, the way he did it was rash and could have very well turned out worse. (I hear the cult of the Assassins often dress up as beggars & hold young girls hostage as he described. Thank Moradin that was not the case, otherwise one more Paladin would grace teh fugue plain & 1 young girl would still face torment unthinkable.

The lad lacked judgement, but he had heart. One can be learned, the other one wither has or has not. To condem him for killing a monster would be a greater travesty. Who could condem a lad for smiting evil? He needs a mentor, one who can show him how to temper mercy with justice, retribution with liberation.

If the court finds the lad guilty of anything, let it be rashness. If ye find him guilty of murder... Well I have me some coin, enough to pay a cleric to Raise a body from the dead. If ye find him guilty of murder, I shall to my best to have the victim brought back from beyond (I'll make damn sure he'll face justice mind ye!) and take responsibility for the boy till his debt is paid to me.

Ah, well... Ain't no one here to listen to one old dwarf anyhow. I'll be at the Drunken Goblin Inn, I think the stable boy there shows great promise one day."

(Missed this entier thread till now)
Vraille Darkfang

niastri

First Post
drunkmoogle said:
Torm, you're brilliant. But will this solve the issue between Vindie and his GM? Followups, please!

lol@ solve arguments. I imagine this just gave them both many more reasons why they are in fact correct....

I agree though, this was fantastic reading, and I am glad I checked the forums today.

GreyWanderer

First Post
I agree though, this was fantastic reading, and I am glad I checked the forums today.[/QUOTE]​

I agree as well. I must scry here more often

Greywanderer, FairyMage of Falmog.

Westwind

First Post
That's pretty funny about the Arioch thing. I've never read the books (gasp!), but the name is actually the NPC my DM devised as his primary contact/mentor in the Church of Tyr--I guess he has read the books and tought it was ironic.

shilsen

Adventurer
This has got to be the most entertaining paladin-related thread I've seen. Any chance we could keep you people on retainer for the next paladin debate :)?

Abraxas

Explorer
It does appear as that we had the full gamut of Paladin types in here.

We should discuss the paladin forcibly using a Helm of Opposite alignment on evil doers now. :)

drunkmoogle

First Post
shilsen said:
This has got to be the most entertaining paladin-related thread I've seen. Any chance we could keep you people on retainer for the next paladin debate :)?

When the need arises, I shall be there. Just bellow.

/ooc: I hate paladin threads. I really hate them. But this was fun :D.

Remove ads