My Table Rules (Revised and Updated!)

Nyaricus

First Post
So, I did a big-little overhaul of my Table Rules as featured over in this thread, and... here we go again! As usual, I appreciate all feedback to my set of Table Rules and I tried to address every issue brought up in the other thread, which I believe I did :)

If anyone has anything more to add, I'd love to hear it!

cheers,
--N

Attachments

• Ryans Table Rules Final Version.doc
    24 KB · Views: 134

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Nyaricus said:
So, I did a big-little overhaul of my Table Rules as featured over in this thread, and... here we go again! As usual, I appreciate all feedback to my set of Table Rules and I tried to address every issue brought up in the other thread, which I believe I did :)

If anyone has anything more to add, I'd love to hear it!

cheers,
--N
Clipboards are only a dollar in Canada?!? ;)

Thanks for sharing. It's great to see stuff like this. My favorite is the clause about meat pizza. Yo, Carnivores, represent!

Creamsteak

Explorer
I have no real feedback to offer other than, "that's really nice of you to do up front."

Although $10 a piece? You people are expensive!

tennyson

First Post
The detailing of the rules looks good - the only thing I would question is: is it necessary?

For me gaming is just as much about "hanging with the guys" as it is progressing the story. Of course, we have a long-distance group, so there is a lot of joking to be made up each time we meet.

If the players you're with aren't familiar with you, or perhaps there have been incidents in the past, the list seems to cover everything nicely. Other than that, I honestly don't see the need.

Nyaricus

First Post
TarionzCousin said:
Clipboards are only a dollar in Canada?!? ;)

Thanks for sharing. It's great to see stuff like this. My favorite is the clause about meat pizza. Yo, Carnivores, represent!
:lol: Yeah, that "Rule of Brian" came up because Brian, a very good friend of mine, got fed up about all our pep/bacon/onion and pep/beef/roasted red pepper pizzas. I mean, *I* love 'em, but he's all about the meat lovers :p:D:D

Creamsteak said:
I have no real feedback to offer other than, "that's really nice of you to do up front."
Yeah, I've had some problem players and had some other players which could have been awesome, but were simply mediocre. I just wanted to show my expectations and give others an understanding of what they should be bringing to the table.

Creamsteak said:
Although $10 a piece? You people are expensive!
Well, shoot me if I'm wrong (please don't if I am though ;)), but I think I said "about 10 bucks". In any case, that covers dinner, snacks and drinks with ease, and it puts forth the expectation that you gotta supply your part.

MrFilthyIke said:
Or they just east A LOT of pizza.
As a westerner, I resent that statement ;)

tennyson said:
The detailing of the rules looks good - the only thing I would question is: is it necessary?

For me gaming is just as much about "hanging with the guys" as it is progressing the story. Of course, we have a long-distance group, so there is a lot of joking to be made up each time we meet.

If the players you're with aren't familiar with you, or perhaps there have been incidents in the past, the list seems to cover everything nicely. Other than that, I honestly don't see the need.
Yeah, you pretty much nailed my situation. I'm gaming with people I've never gamed with before, and while some are familiar to me, some aren't really familiar with the game itself. One guy mainly plays Warhammer, another played D&D in 2e, another has only played Vampire: The Masquerade, another has played 3.5, but was fairly new to the game when his group fell apart about a year ago, so he's still green, and finally my girlfriend, who has wanted to play, has never played before in her life.

So this little document is a good basis for what I want in my games, and helps the players understand what they should be bringing to my table - well, at least it definitely seems like a good basis because the feedback thus far has been very positive :)

Any more?

cheers,
--N

Nyaricus

First Post
Frukathka said:
Better than well, thanks. All is right in the world of Fru. ;)
Haha, well that's good :D Things have been going well for me too; university is going swimmingly, my band is getting the drummer *and* the bassist we've been wanting (well, needing) for the past year and I have a new D&D group starting up :cool: So, I've been busy, but happy about it all!

cheers,
--N

P.S. Any more feedback on my Table Rules from the *checks* 67 people who downloaded a copy? I'd LOVE to hear back from you!

Remove ads