• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Weird Cat

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
One of our yard cats learned to wait by the sliding-glass door onto the porch about dinnertime, and watched for us. If we came near the door, she'd rub up against it, since that would probably bring us out with leftovers. Her name? Dorie, short for Door-Rubbing Cat.

Her daughter, once Dorie went to Kitty Heaven, took up the post, but instead of rubbing up against the door, she would sharpen her claws on the frame when we came up. Sadly, I can't remember her name.

And a roommate and I had a cat...okay. He would adopt people in our complex, at least temporarily, so he wasn't really ours. We called him Chairman Mao. I think he kept a running list of apartments he'd mooch off of. He'd meow to be let in, but would then look expectantly at us until we gave him some food. Once he ate his fill, he'd come over and let us pet him for 10-30 minutes and then he'd be ready to roll. He was definitely a mercenary.

Brad

sellars

Explorer
Our cat, which is usually very sweet, starts to attack me and my wife when we sing or whistle. There's something in the sound of it that drives her (the cat) nuts. Works every time. When the cat is scratching at the windowframes again we start singing, and the destructive force is diverted to us.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
A friend of mine had a cat that used to stare at the corner in the dining room where the ceiling and walls came together and jump up at something over and over again. We were never able to figure out what the cat was trying to get. We just thought the cat was pretty dumb.

The cat proved us wrong when one day my friend locked himself out of the house. He went to an open window and pried off the screen to get in, later replacing the screen. The next day we found the cat outside and could not figure out how until we saw the cat pushing at the corner of the screen where my friend had first grabbed to pull it off. The cat was able to push on that corner enough to open a gap she could use to get out.

Remove ads