Pathfinder 1E Mynhear's Bane

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=jbear and mowgs] I actually know a very beautiful young woman named Sol In Columbia, Missouri. Too bad she is taken. Jbear, I am curious why you chose the name of Solomon. And Mowgli, you are still a kid. Let me know when you go through a major medical trauma like I did, then you can call yourself advanced in age.

on an aside, the complexity of a swashbuckler is the reason I did not try and do the non judge review/approval at the creation time, just to be honest.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Upon seeing his brother fall the second troll gives a cry of rage, swiftly stifled as Sol turns her attention to him and pierces his side with her blade. Melisande adds to the insult with a deep slash of her own. But the second troll isn't finished yet . . . he returns the women's attacks with a fierce flurry of his own! Massive arms flail, and a wall of claw and tooth bears down on the small woman standing between the troll and his other foe. Sol leans back slightly, and huge teeth snap together in the space vacated by her face a split second before. For it's trouble, the troll recieves a smack from the flat of her blade but it's thick skin turns the blow. The distraction is enough, however, for the troll to bring its claws to bear. The breath whooshes from Sol's lungs as her sides are pierced, and the pain is intensified as it rips its claws free once more.

[sblock=Combat]
Sol successfully parries the trolls first attack, but misses the riposte. Both of its claw attacks pierce defense and armor, inflicting 48 damage.

(I think I accounted for everything that time . . .)

Party is up!

The%20Trees_zpsb4xue4m9.jpg
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande's adamantine blade whirled with, the blade glowing white as it tasted the evil aura that was part of the troll's flesh. Her first cut was powerful and nearly eviscerated the huge creature. Her follow-up swing nearly removed an arm, but settled for a deep gash in the muscle tissue instead.

Her voice rang out in that commanding tone of conviction, “You should not have tried to obstruct the paladin of Helrion! I am a champion and you you are vanquished!”

[sblock=Actions]Full Attack last troll (K12/N9) with Furious Focus and Power Attack: 2 Hits (1 Critical) for 102 Damage total
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 Holy Falchion

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm guessing yes if both Maui and Milasande already had wounded it last round. (Basing on an estimation as to how much the first troll took. That is a lot of damage! Not that Sol has noticed (but I have), there seem to be 2 more trolls lurking hidden in the trees, right?

Re: Sol's name

Well ... her back story includes her father giving her a boy's name. He was a rotten drunk ... and I guess he wanted a boy. Spitefully he gave her a boys name anyway to assuage his disappointment when she was born a girl. Mum was not about to make a big deal about it... Dad was far to violent and horrid a man for it to be worth her while. So she just shortened it to Sol.

As for why Solomon...well ... pull up a chair while I light the fire and put on a cup of tea... Hehehe. I wanted to call my son Solomon. In English it's a great name. In Spanish however ... for a boy, not so great. My wife is Cuban and we live in Spain, so ... yeah ... my name choice was 'poo pooed' because in Spain he would have just been called "Salamón"... which doesn't sound as nice as Solomon. And though Sol could be used as a shortened version of the name in New Zealand (a cool short name in my opinion)... in Spanish Sol (sun) is very feminine ... sigh. So basically to avoid his name sounding very much like salmon, and gender teasing ... that name was thrown out the proverbial window.

So I gave it to most of my characters back when I used to play Guild Wars. After I retired Relic, I wanted to have a female character but give her a male name, to emphasise her experience growing up with a drunken and violent father, but that the formative experiences all turned out positive because she's a bit of a hot tomboy at heart. Solomon being the chosen name I suppose is connected to all of that written above.

And therein lies the reasons for her name :) [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The troll crumples under Melisande's furious assault, falls bonelessly to the ground. But the fight is not over! A whistling, buzzing sound fills the air, and three arrows the size of javelins cross the space between the treeline and the party in a blur. So fast are they that they almost get to you before the curse that's bellowed from their point of origin. Two of the arrows go far wide of their mark, but one slices through Melisande's armor and inflicts a scratch in the flesh of the Paladin's shoulder.

Close on the heels of the arrows comes another bellow, and another troll. This third black troll comes racing from the trees at a full on charge, claws raised and screaming at the top of its lungs. Sol reacts just in time, flicking up her blade and ducking aside to let the troll rush right on by.

[sblock=Right You Are, jbear!]
The creature in the trees is a Crag Giant. Arrow strikes Melisande for 14 points.

Black Troll 3 charges to attack Sol, who successfully parries its attack.

Party is up.
[/sblock]

The%20Trees_zpsb1ro2dd0.jpg

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

[sblock=still saying]
Mowgli: You dirty rotten blankety blanking such and such meany bum. Why can't I just be allowed to do a little fireballing!!!! Just ONCE![/sblock]
Heinrich smiles, "You liken das fuer, try Säure, that I know fur sure."

Heinrich gets an idea, inhales and seems to scream, but only the troll hears the ear rattling sound
Ear Piercing scream: 5D6 = [6, 2, 1, 5, 6] = 20
fort save vs DC 20
fail = full damage+daze, save = half damage, no daze

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Heinrich wizard 12
effects in place:
shield: +4 to ac, negates magic missile, post 148
duration: xx / 12 minutes
Initiative: +2 Perception: +14 (also: Greater Darkvision w/ spell)
AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 Touch) (better with spells) Shield spell; duration: 12 minutes
HP
: 50 Current: 50
BAB: +6/+1 CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (16 ff)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +13 CONC: +23
Special: FIRE RESIST 10

Current Conditions in Effect: none
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50

Abilites
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+6 DAM
* DC: 22 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY used : 1

OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL

Spells Memorized​
Code:
Save DC:           
General: 17 + SL                 
Evocation: 19 + SL           
Elemental (Fire): 18 + SL             
Evoc + (Fire): 20 + SL  

0 Level            Level 01                Level 02               LEVEL 3          
* Acid splash    * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Cat's grace          * Ablative Barrier
* Dancing lights * [s]Ear pierce scream(ev)[/s] * Levitate             * [s]Dispel Magic[/s]
* Detect Magic   * Expeditious Retreat   * Resist Energy        * Displacement
* Resistance     * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Draconic Reservoir
                 * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Haste
                 * Magic missile         * See invisibility     * lightning bolt
                 * Shield                * Warding Weapon       P Haste  
                 P Magic missile         P Cat's grace
                 P Magic missile         P Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P [s]Shield  [/s]              P Scorching ray (ev,E)  

LEVEL 04               LEVEL 05             LEVEL 6
* Blk Tentacles (E)    * Elemental body [E] * Forceful Hand
* Dimension door       * Fire Snake         * Forceful Hand
* Stone Shape          * Lightning Arc      * Form of the dragon 1 (E)
* Stone skin           * Teleport           * Tar Pool (E) 
* Summon monster 4 (E) * Wall of force                   
P Stone skin

[sblock=Book:] 
Level 00   
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights 
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message 
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation 

Level 01 
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing scream * Endure-Elements (E) 
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile 
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness 

Level 02   
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E) 
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility 
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life 

Level 03   
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste 
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly 

Level 04   
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin 
* summ monst IV [E] 

Level 05   
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport 
* Wall of Force 

Level 06 
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form-of-the-dragon I   

[/sblock]  
( - ) denotes a cast spell     
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)   
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat) 
(E) elemental: flame school   
(ev) evocation 
(A) denotes changed to acid 
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast 
(#) recalled via pearl of power 
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock][/]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande shrugged off the arrow that struck her armor and scratched her. The adamantine platemail was good protection. “heinrich, we have this one. But obvious we are not good at climbing trees. We need you to deal with that giant with the huge bow.”

“Now, you shall feel the wrath of Helerion!”
she challenged the troll in front of her.

Her magical blade whirled with deadly efficiency cutting into the smaller back troll’s flesh like butter.

[sblock=Actions]Full Attack Troll 3 with Furious Focus and Power Attack: 2 Hits (No Critical) for 68 Damage total
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 144
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 Holy Falchion

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock][sblock=Damage]Was that 14 before or after the DR3/- ?[/sblock]

Remove ads