Pathfinder 1E Mynhear's Bane

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=OOC] dismemberment is not a viable excuse[/sblock]

Heinrich says as such to his comrades.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OK, What Now?]So, you've got the bow and the ring. You could decide if any of you will wear the ring (or use the bow, though that seems unlikely at this juncture). Then on up the trail? Just waiting for some definitive action statements.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande was not the best archer, but the magic bow was probably better than her fine quality mundane one even if it was too large for her to use easily.

“That protection ring sounds better than my own, but I would not want to be too forward in claiming such an item unless you both agreed.”

“Sol, would use that large bow? I would use it instead of the one I have should the need arise. It would save me from casting a spell upon my other one.”

“Heinrich, can you explain this special properties on that bow please?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 151
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: Mwk Lance

Lay on Hands (6d6): 9/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock][sblock=Oops]
So, you've got the bow and the ring. You could decide if any of you will wear the ring (or use the bow, though that seems unlikely at this juncture). Then on up the trail? Just waiting for some definitive action statements.
Sorry, I was waiting on Heinrich about the loot and missed that short post since it was on the next page. I have plenty to post yet.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Heinrich notes auras of magic around the bow and the ring. The cestus, while of fine make, is not magical.

[sblock=Loot]+2 Adaptive Longbow of Endless Ammunition (Size Large), +2 Ring of Protection[/sblock]

"Furst, das bo ist never needing ammunition, it makes it by pulling back on string, poof, it is there.

second, I am sure you know that bows of composite make can be made to use strength of shooter. Magic of this bow adapts itself to strength of shooter to take advantage of strength with no penalty.

. . . . .huh . . . . .

This craft ist needing skill of shaman or druid - not very high level though."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Heinrich wizard 12
effects in place:
shield: +4 to ac, negates magic missile, post 148
duration: xx / 12 minutes
Initiative: +2 Perception: +14 (also: Greater Darkvision w/ spell)
AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 Touch) (better with spells) Shield spell; duration: 12 minutes
HP: 50 Current: 50
BAB: +6/+1 CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (16 ff)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +13 CONC: +23
Special: FIRE RESIST 10

Current Conditions in Effect: none
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50

Abilites
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+6 DAM
* DC: 22 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY used : 1

OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL

Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:          
General: 17 + SL                
Evocation: 19 + SL          
Elemental (Fire): 18 + SL            
Evoc + (Fire): 20 + SL  

0 Level            Level 01                Level 02               LEVEL 3          
* Acid splash    * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Cat's grace          * Ablative Barrier
* Dancing lights * [s]Ear pierce scream(ev)[/s] * Levitate             * [s]Dispel Magic[/s]
* Detect Magic   * Expeditious Retreat   * Resist Energy        * Displacement
* Resistance     * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Draconic Reservoir
                 * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Haste
                 * Magic missile         * See invisibility     * [s]lightning bolt[/s]
                 * Shield                * Warding Weapon       P Haste  
                 P Magic missile         P Cat's grace
                 P Magic missile         P Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P [s]Shield  [/s]              P Scorching ray (ev,E)  

LEVEL 04               LEVEL 05             LEVEL 6
* Blk Tentacles (E)    * Elemental body [E] * Forceful Hand
* Dimension door       * Fire Snake         * Forceful Hand
* Stone Shape          * Lightning Arc      * Form of the dragon 1 (E)
* Stone skin           * Teleport           * Tar Pool (E)
* Summon monster 4 (E) * Wall of force                  
P Stone skin

[sblock=Spell Book:]
Level 00  
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation

Level 01
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing Scream * Endure-Elements (E)
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness

Level 02  
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E)
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life

Level 03  
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly

Level 04  
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin
* summ monst IV [E]

Level 05  
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport
* Wall of Force

Level 06
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form-of-the-dragon I  

[/sblock]  
( - ) denotes a cast spell    
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)  
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school  
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

jbear

First Post
"Please, take the bow and the ring" smiles Sol. "I prefer to keep the fight nice and close. As for the magical ring, it looks more powerful then my own as well, but I can protect myself well enough. Shall we continue on our way?"

The swashbuckler, keen to continue onwards, shifts impatiently from foot to feet, only relaxing one they were on the road once more.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

Melisande nodded as the others deferred to her, “Very well, I shall use both for now.”

She took the loot and started stowing various things away in her saddle bags. She left the lance stowed and put away her masterwork bow along with the cestus. She swapped out the protection rings, wondering if the lesser one would aid her horse somehow. She did not see how, though.

Before they left the clearing she cast a spell (greater magic weapon) to infuse her sheathed holy falchion with an additional enchantment.

With the large bow in hand, the paladin started her horse in motion. “Aye, let us continue on this trail.”

Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve, Greater Magic Weapon on +1 Falchion
Current Weapon in Hand: +2 Adaptive Longbow

Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock][sblock=OOC Note]Since this was the first battle I have done with Melisande, I am still figuring out her build mechanics/tactics. I realized that I was less than optimum for the first encounter.

I did not have my long term buffs in place and did not use her short term ones either just prior to combat starting.

I think I forgot the +4 bonus to confirm critical hits too. Dunno.

I was going to try the carrying a longbow in hand next to engage ranged combat first and the magic longbow is not a bad thing to experiment with while not needing to use a spell to magic it.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

Heinrich nods sagely and points in the way he believes they should go, "I am pretty sure we need to continue that way." as he gestures for someone to take the lead.

While waiting for the group to move he casts a quick spell, one that exchanges the force of a deadly strike and transforms it into brusis and scratches - still painful, but not quite so deadly.

ooc: Cast ablaative barrier, duration 12 hours

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Heinrich wizard 12
effects in place:
shield: +4 to ac, negates magic missile, post 148
duration: xx / 12 minutes

Ablative Barrier duration: 12 hours

Initiative: +2 Perception: +14 (also: Greater Darkvision w/ spell)
AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 Touch) (better with spells) Shield spell; duration: 12 minutes
HP
: 50 Current: 50
BAB: +6/+1 CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (16 ff)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +13 CONC: +23
Special: FIRE RESIST 10

Current Conditions in Effect: none
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50

Abilites
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+6 DAM
* DC: 22 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY used : 1

OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL

Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:           
General: 17 + SL                 
Evocation: 19 + SL           
Elemental (Fire): 18 + SL             
Evoc + (Fire): 20 + SL  

0 Level            Level 01                Level 02               LEVEL 3          
* Acid splash    * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Cat's grace          * Ablative Barrier
* Dancing lights * [s]Ear pierce scream(ev)[/s] * Levitate             * [s]Dispel Magic[/s]
* Detect Magic   * Expeditious Retreat   * Resist Energy        * Displacement
* Resistance     * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Draconic Reservoir
                 * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Haste
                 * Magic missile         * See invisibility     * [s]lightning bolt[/s]
                 * Shield                * Warding Weapon       P Haste  
                 P Magic missile         P Cat's grace
                 P Magic missile         P Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P [s]Shield  [/s]              P [s]Scorching ray (ev,E) [/s] 

LEVEL 04               LEVEL 05             LEVEL 6
* Blk Tentacles (E)    * Elemental body [E] * Forceful Hand
* Dimension door       * Fire Snake         * Forceful Hand
* Stone Shape          * Lightning Arc      * Form of the dragon 1 (E)
* Stone skin           * Teleport           * Tar Pool (E) 
* Summon monster 4 (E) * Wall of force                   
P Stone skin

[sblock=Spell Book:] 
Level 00   
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights 
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message 
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation 

Level 01 
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing Scream * Endure-Elements (E) 
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile 
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness 

Level 02   
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E) 
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility 
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life 

Level 03   
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste 
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly 

Level 04   
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin 
* summ monst IV [E] 

Level 05   
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport 
* Wall of Force 

Level 06 
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form-of-the-dragon I   

[/sblock]  
( - ) denotes a cast spell     
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)   
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat) 
(E) elemental: flame school   
(ev) evocation 
(A) denotes changed to acid 
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast 
(#) recalled via pearl of power 
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock][/][/][/][/][/]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
And so, the trio leaves the bodies of trolls and giant behind and continues their winding way up into the rugged Seithr range. The trail continues, sometimes wide and clear, at others narrow and near impossible to pick out. You see some sign of the creatures of this largely pristine wilderness... Bear and elk, and eagles overhead... but of the two legged variety you see naught for the rest of the long day. By day's end you've made your way up and above the treeline. The air is growing chill, and even with the late afternoon sun shining full on this face of the mountains you estimate it will be frigidly cold 'ere morning. The way is growing steep; you've stopped for a break on a ledge broad enough to accommodate the three of you and Melisande's horse, with enough room for a fire for warmth.

Heinrich's best guess is that you'll be able to make it to the Ha'Gruut's secluded valley late tomorrow.

[sblock=OOC]From here on out, the terrain will be considered rough for the horse.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

" I can make shelter for us three and horse, if you like?" Offers the wizard. if they accept his offer, he casts tiny hut and illuminates it like it had several lamps.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

Melisande looked at the little structure and then at Heinrich with an arched eyebrow. “We shall fit in there? Magic,” she answered her own rhetorical question.

“Shall we need to set a watch inside? Will we be warm? By the way, I shall need to ask for one of you to assist me in removing this plate armor and then donning it once more. I find myself lacking a squire to aid me in this regard.”

Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve, Greater Magic Weapon on +1 Falchion
Current Weapon in Hand: +2 Adaptive Longbow

Spells Remaining:
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

Remove ads