• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NaNoWriMo 2005 - Who's in?

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
As I just posted on the EN World thread at nanowrimo.org, I think the true triumph of NaNo is not so much reaching the 50K (though I am not trivializing that at all -- congrats yangnome!), but rather that it gets people writing in the first place, people who have beenn threatening to write, or who have been in a writing funk. I know I probably won't reach 50K since I'm traveling the last week of Nov., but I am writing, and that is priceless.

kroh

First Post
I just smacked through the 12,000 word barier last night. It's all good though as I write well under pressure and forsee no problems finishing the deadline. I wish I had more time to write for myself like this but with writing, and drawing and punching and being a husband... I have no time for me to live my life... heh,

Regards, Walt

tYPEE.jpg

king_ghidorah

First Post
Dr. Awkward said:
Aww man. If only I had known about this in October... Well, I can start putting together some notes and outlines for next year...

Hey, if you write as fast as yangnome, you still have plenty of time to finish this month!

yangnome

First Post
Nope, I still need to finish the first one. I have been throwing the idea of trying for a second though :D. It is all in teh 30 miute word wars. Without that, I would have probably quit on day two like last year.

Tolen Mar

First Post
Heh...I got a whole day ahead of schedule.
Then I went to work, and was so sore afterwards I really didnt feel like working. I didnt get a chance today to do anything.

My second week slump wasnt about not wanting to write or knowing what to write, but more a sudden restriction on time. Im gonna have a lot of makeup work to do this weekend...

Tolen Mar

First Post
Well, Im back on track. Im going to take a break, maybe come back for more later tonite, and then hope to get ahead again tomorrow. At the end of this weekend, we who are going slow but steady (*looks with jealousy at yangnome*) are supposed to be close to the halfway point.

Hopefully I can get there between tonite and tomorrow...It'll be nice to that far ahead.

Edit: the month started on a tuesday, it throws me off...

Last edited:

Tolen Mar

First Post
Well, I hope to get ahead today, I can actually devote more than an hour to working on it. Maybe if I can, I can go back and try to get caught up on my story hour (of which more is coming, I promise!)

Sargon, while I understand the feeling, you missed the whole point of NaNoWriMo...

The idea is to shut off that internal editor that tells you you write nothing but crap, and solely focus on getting to the end of a story for a change. The goal is 50,000 words, not 50,000 words of Epic Prose.

It's never too late to try again :)

king_ghidorah

First Post
Tolen Mar said:
Well, I hope to get ahead today, I can actually devote more than an hour to working on it. Maybe if I can, I can go back and try to get caught up on my story hour (of which more is coming, I promise!)

Sargon, while I understand the feeling, you missed the whole point of NaNoWriMo...

The idea is to shut off that internal editor that tells you you write nothing but crap, and solely focus on getting to the end of a story for a change. The goal is 50,000 words, not 50,000 words of Epic Prose.

It's never too late to try again :)

Agreed. My NaNo novel is currently filled with literary problems-- plot holes, narrative problems, sketchy descriptions, stilted dialogue-- but I will fix them in my next dozen pass-throughs on the novel. My goal now is to lay out the general book. Fleshing out and fixing will come later.

Remove ads