Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind d20 Ideas

Lobo Lurker

First Post
You know, that's a good idea. Maybe there are too many Advanced Classes and PrCs around... maybe I'll keep that in mind for the D20 Modern Starwars conversion I had in mind (your airship combat rules work for that too; YOINK!).

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Thanks! Yoink away. I'll post Version 3 of this document soon.

And I like to give credit where credit is due. "My" airship combat rules are really just the Starship rules from D20 Future and the Vehicle rules from D20 Modern smooshed together and jury-rigged to reflect the nature of the wonky airships in the Nausicaa manga.

Zoatebix

Working on it
DnDChick said:
Me too but the SRD sure makes cutting and pasting easier for us homebrewer addicts. lol
Amen to that!

I love books, too, but I wasn't too impressed with D20 Future when I picked it up and flipped through it. I still think about maybe picking it up, though.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Rules set Version 3 is ready. I will email it to LyonStudio as soon as I finish this post.

V3 incorporates:

1. Rules for 3 types of filter masks, light, medium, and heavy.

2. Rules for taking off and landing.

3. More comprehensive airship design rules, incorporating airship traits to further customize stock airship frame types.

:)

DMH

First Post
DnDChick said:
Edit: If you can afford it, I highly suggest reading the original manga. It is available in English in a 4-book format. If you think the movie is great, then the books will blow you away. The movie barely scratches the surface of the whole story, and incorporates only about 75% of just the first book.

I thought the new release was 7 books?

Having watched it for the first time a few days ago, I find the world much like Mechanical Dream (a rpg from Steamlogic) but there are a few things I don't understand:

When the two were underground, was that a cave or is the whole forest absorbing the soil like that? If the latter, how can the forest sit like that and not collapse? Or am I thinking too much?

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but I want to make sure- the toxic forest was a reaction of the Earth or a man-made attempt to destroy the pollution?

What do the insects do beyond protecting the forest?

Remove ads