NC Game Day XI: September 23! (Player Registration Now Open)

Pepster said:
I like the Dungeon Crawl Classics. I have my own conversion of DCC #1 to Savage Worlds that I've run for a few family members and they seem to enjoy it.

I'd like to take a look at your conversion. Any chance you could either bring a copy to the gameday, or you could email it to me?

Pepster

First Post
DCC #1 conversion

Hi CL, it's basically just the module with the monsters statted (sp?) on index cards. The "named" monsters were statted as Wild Cards. Since the characters didn't find any of the magic items on the first level, I haven't had to address that. The players are new to role-playing, so they don't catch my many mistakes.... :heh:

Pepster said:
Hi CL, it's basically just the module with the monsters statted (sp?) on index cards. The "named" monsters were statted as Wild Cards. Since the characters didn't find any of the magic items on the first level, I haven't had to address that. The players are new to role-playing, so they don't catch my many mistakes.... :heh:

Ah, I see. No worries.

Pepster

First Post
I can still bring the SW kit if you think there may be enough interest to play. I've got the "official" bennies and action deck, plus minis and battlemat.

Pepster

First Post
Parking at NCSU

Not to threadjack, but it appears the way to go for Saturday is to locate an information booth and buy a $2 visitor's permit for the day, then park in the Coliseum parking deck. Am I on the mark or could someone recommend something better?

Thanks!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Dolom said:
Question to the Game Day poobahs,

What are the rules on pick-up games? Say I roll in around 10am and want to run something to kill some time for a couple of hours with some friends and anyone else looking to play. Is it all right to do so, or should I go ahead and submit a last minute registration?

Inquiring minds want to know...

This is absolutely welcome with one caveat: I can't guarantee you a table unless you register the game. Historically speaking there have always been plenty of extra tables so you shouldn't have a problem regardless.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Pepster said:
Not to threadjack, but it appears the way to go for Saturday is to locate an information booth and buy a $2 visitor's permit for the day, then park in the Coliseum parking deck. Am I on the mark or could someone recommend something better?

Thanks!

If you are coming for the morning session then you shouldn't have any problems parking in one of the lots directly in front of the student center. I've heard that it gets a little more crowded towards midday but I'll bet you still would have no problems finding a space.

Pepster

First Post
Rel said:
If you are coming for the morning session then you shouldn't have any problems parking in one of the lots directly in front of the student center. I've heard that it gets a little more crowded towards midday but I'll bet you still would have no problems finding a space.

I'm coming for the full Game Day experience! I have reservations at my favorite hotel chain for two nights. :D

Dolom

First Post
Rel said:
This is absolutely welcome with one caveat: I can't guarantee you a table unless you register the game. Historically speaking there have always been plenty of extra tables so you shouldn't have a problem regardless.

Awesome. I thought I remembered several free tables at the last Game Day, but I wanted to make sure it was cool for pick-ups.

Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases