• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Necromancer Games shutting down next year.(UPDATE post 93)

cnath.rm

First Post
Banshee16 said:
Is that City of Brass boxed set something they'd already released? Is it a campaign setting, regional sourcebook, or adventure?

I don't believe I've purchased a Necromancer Games product yet....probably one of the only companies I haven't tried, yet.

Banshee
Pretty much all of the above according to the info here
http://necromancergames.com/upcoming.html#cob

To get a taste of the Necromancer goodness, check out The Wizard's Amulet towards the bottom of the Free Stuff page,
http://necromancergames.com/freestuff.html
made for a beginning DM to read and have a game up and running in 15 min or so.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Banshee,

The box set should rock since it's basically three products in one. Or was it two? I forget...

Cats,

What can I offer you for that? Dungeonscape? ;)

Tree,

yeah that wait WOULD worry me as well. Plus I think Bill said something about Amazon being silly about getting copies ie they weren't.

froggie

First Post
RARE Sold Out

Yes, they are really sold out, we were only able to fulfill about 70% of the orders, and Treebore is correct, I took none home from Gencon--in fact, I gave Dave Kenzer the demo copy, because I had no other copies to give him. There "might" be some on Ebay, and perhaps Amazon has some (they say they do, and they bought them from Alliance, not us), but I doubt its real. We actually only had them in the warehouse for about a week...I pulled 100 from the distributors orders to take to the Con, and thats it.

yup, found one on ebay for $98...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rappan-Athuk-Re...ryZ44112QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

catsclaw227

First Post
That's great Bill.

I imagine it was a better experience than the Wilderlands Boxed Set, which, from what I have read, may have had a slight print overrun. I wonder how many of those are still out there?

catsclaw227 said:
I imagine it was a better experience than the Wilderlands Boxed Set, which, from what I have read, may have had a slight print overrun. I wonder how many of those are still out there?
Amazon said they had one in stock, which I just ordered. We'll see.

Treebore

First Post
catsclaw227 said:
That's great Bill.

I know at last GenCon there was a dealer that sold 14 boxes of WL at $25.00 a pop. Grodog had me get him a copy.

froggie

First Post
Wilderlands

The main problem w/ WL was threefold
1) production costs were too high for the price-point (those bloody maps!)
2) we had to pay extra royalties (to Bob) beyond usual
3) we should have printed 1500, not 2500

These factors combined to create a nasty loss for us (well, in total, a basic breakeven on 2 years of work, though Bob did pretty well). That being said, I have never been prouder of a product we made, and its still the best campaign setting in history. Would I do it again? You bet, except I would have printed 1000, sent it out at $100, and made either full color or parchment maps.

Treebore

First Post
Oooohh! Parchment! How about just a collectors set of WL parchment maps? I'll buy several. At least 3. Maybe as many as 5. What would the price point be on something like that?

If you guys aren't doing the vinyl Tegal Maps ( :( ) how would parchment work for that product?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads