• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Necromancer Games shutting down next year.(UPDATE post 93)

Treebore

First Post
Nightfall said:
Clark,

So...can I get another copy of RARE perhaps? ;)

I doubt it. Bill didn't take any home from GenCon. I've heard mention as little as two weeks ago there were some available on Amazon.

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Just wanted to wish Clark, Bill and all at Necromancer Games good luck with keeping their heads above the rising tide.

Several of their products sit proudly on my gaming shelf, including all the Tome of Horrors (I printed out their Tome of Horrors Revised on quality paper, including the cover on card, then got it bound at Staples :D ) and Rappan Athuk Reloaded, amongst others. Like others here, there have been a few produvcts I have been putting off purchasing, which I will in all likelihood now buy.

It's indicative of the d20 market in general at the moment, which is unlikely to change, unfortunately. And while I know there are plenty of d20 haters out there, I'm actually finding the present state of the market quite saddening as I am a fan.

Good luck!

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Treebore said:
Hey Keith (Red Moon Games), post 139 is very encouraging about the future of NEcro.

I assume you mean post 93, as in your ammended title - and, yes, that is encouraging news. I really hope that something positive does come out of all this and that Necromancer Games will be around for a long time to come. I'm still going to pick up some more of their products - to show a little support and all that.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Mystaros said:
#1: Wizards of the Coast: 58.37%
#2: White Wolf: 12.79%
#3: Palladium Books: 3.92%
#4: Goodman Games: 2.96%
#5: Troll Lord Games: 2.50%
#6: Mongoose: 2.34%
#7: Green Ronin: 2.04%
Less than 2% but greater than 1%: MWP, Privateer, Black Industries, FanPro, Hero Games, and Steve Jackson Games.

Ahem.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

Treebore

First Post
Erik Mona said:
Ahem.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

I'm figuring you guys are 30 to 40% of WOTC's sales strength. Your about 60% with me. :lol:

Heck, it may be more like 70 or 80%. Your Dungeon Mastery line has been eating up a lot of my money. Plus the magazines.

Banshee16

First Post
Is that City of Brass boxed set something they'd already released? Is it a campaign setting, regional sourcebook, or adventure?

I don't believe I've purchased a Necromancer Games product yet....probably one of the only companies I haven't tried, yet.

Banshee

Remove ads