• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help killin a 18th level cleric or a 17th level monk.

Geist

First Post
"the rage of mages tournament"

anyone who can break a stone which needs at least a 2nd level magical spell to break it. can enter

all matches are randomized amoungs who survived the last round ^_^

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
James McMurray said:
If you're going for gate, your best bet is a Solar, since they pack the most bang for your buck. Of course, I would definitely think about having adarkness and invisibility ready, because even with a solar going after him, the guy may decide to take you out first, and become the defacto winner.
But he's chaotic evil... :p

Breakstone

First Post
Here's what you do: Buy a glove of enlarge. Get it at the highest level you can.

Then, when you're both in the ring, shake the opponent's hand saying "Good luck!"

Hope to any gods you believe in that he is enlarged so much he sticks out of the ring.

Superman

First Post
Darkness said:
I dunno; your racial benefits probably more than make up for it. :cool:

Okay, so I forgot to take into account my plus fifteen hundred ECL.
I guess sixteen thousand strength can do some good damage.
My spell resistance isn't so good though.
Harm still screws me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Damien

First Post
The Damien Alternative

Here's an option:

Get a hold of some dimensional shackles (26,000 gp), a portable hole (14,000 gp), and a bag of holding (2.500+ gp). Enter the match wearing the shackles. Then in round 1, move to within 10 feet of your opponent and put the PH into the BOH. When the dimensional rift forms to suck everything into the astral plane, the shackles should prevent you from going astral. Then hope your opponent has no way to get back.

James McMurray

First Post
But he's chaotic evil...

Doesn't matter. As per the Gate spell, if you call a single creature whose hit dice is less than or equal to your caster level, it is controlled. This means it will fight for you up to 1 round per caster level, whether it wants to or not.

LightPhoenix

First Post
James McMurray said:
Doesn't matter. As per the Gate spell, if you call a single creature whose hit dice is less than or equal to your caster level, it is controlled. This means it will fight for you up to 1 round per caster level, whether it wants to or not.

It doesn't matter, because he can't summon a Solar, or anything for that matter with Gate. Doesn't have enough ranks in UMD necessary to decipher a ninth-level spell scroll (DC is 34, with 8 ranks max and Skill Focus, that's still only +10 to the check).

The portable hole/bag of holding/dimensional shackles idea is just asinine enough to work. BUT, the cleric can still cast Gate and get back to the arena. Although... reading up on Dimensional Anchor - it doesn't say it protects against the PH/BoH combo. It does specifically state what it does prevent. But your DM might just be crazy enough to give it to you :D .

LightPhoenix

Attachments

• playtestbook.jpg
    playtestbook.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 22,379

Geist

First Post
hmm i like tha bag of holding idea.

I dont need to decipher the Scroll in this case so im not worried about that.

also i have a magi item that can give me +20 to my next skill check. its a free action one use.

what do you think about useing the temporal stasis spell? that would work right? cuz if i hit them with it there basicaly open to a CDG

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads