Need some low-level rogue advice

Xahn'Tyr

First Post
I'm trying to design a rogue that can make good use of her sneak attack ability by about level 6 or so. The goal, I suppose, is to set her up so that she can get extra attacks from something or other.

The first thought was the old ranger-route, but I'd rather avoid multiclassing.

Second thought was quick-draw and Flick of the Wrist. But Quickdraw needs a +1 BAB so she can't take it till level 3. But she really needs Weapon-Finesse:Rapier in that slot (since it ALSO requires a +1 BAB). So then we're looking at 6th level for quick draw and 9th level for FooW. Too long to wait, and the first level feat is rather wasted.

So now I'm on my third thought (been a busy day), which is to take Combat Reflexes and then try to use Expert Tactician and some sort of Dex-nullifying strategy (too bad we don't have a monk in the party). If you bluff, are both your ExpTact attack and the attack after that sans Dex defence?

I don't have Song & Silence readily available, so I'm a bit sketchy on the details of the material there in. Are there better options in there? How about a good way to use something like Sound Burst or some other low-level spell?

So anyway, given a 6th level character, wild elf who also wants to slip in a level of sorceror somewhere; what would you do to maximize your melee effectiveness?

Remove ads