Nerd Immersion interviews Kyle Brink

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
That's Nerd Immersion for you, though. It's always negative. Not for me.
Yeah and I’d stopped watching him due to that, but this was like…bro stop over-interpreting everything he says and reinventing what it means! 😂

I’ll try to go back and find the specific examples that really annoyed me. Ginny Di did a bit of that, too, like I said, but not nearly as bad. She was mostly just (overly IMO) cynical with her “Lol okay, sure.” commentary.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
If that's true, then the playtest is nothing more than an insult.

WotC: "Let's give them a playtest and let them feel like what they want matters, but we don't actually need a playtest since we know what we want to do anyway."

Some time later...

WotC: "Crap! We've missed two packet releases and are behind "schedule." We'll have to cut their playtest time and now they'll figure out that what they say or do doesn't really matter since everything is still going to be proceeding forward normally. Oh, well."

I mean, what we say or do either matters or it doesn't. If it matters then this shortening is going to hurt that. If it doesn't then we shouldn't be playtesting in the first place.
I assumed that the playtest was all PR anyway. They're going to do what they want.

dave2008

Legend
I assumed that the playtest was all PR anyway. They're going to do what they want.
So more like the PF2 playtest than the Next playtest?

IDK, I feel we have already seen changes, they provided feedback, and holding / revising the schedule suggests to me a lot of things have not been determined, There is definitely things that will change, because they already have (an published products) and there are things the plan / want to change. But I don't think any of the playtest / UAs have been shames.

So, the presented two different options for inspiration. Do you think they will ignore the feedback and they already have one picked. Do you think the changes they already made to the one race were predetermined!

Last edited:

If that's true, then the playtest is nothing more than an insult.

WotC: "Let's give them a playtest and let them feel like what they want matters, but we don't actually need a playtest since we know what we want to do anyway."

Some time later...

WotC: "Crap! We've missed two packet releases and are behind "schedule." We'll have to cut their playtest time and now they'll figure out that what they say or do doesn't really matter since everything is still going to be proceeding forward normally. Oh, well."

I mean, what we say or do either matters or it doesn't. If it matters then this shortening is going to hurt that. If it doesn't then we shouldn't be playtesting in the first place.
That is not what I said nor what I meant. it (the playtest) is not needed for me. I would have been fine if they just made some changes and didn’t ask us about it - no playtest. I am not trying to suggest the actual playtest process is a shame. You completely misunderstood/ read into what I was saying.

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
That is not what I said nor what I meant. it (the playtest) is not needed for me. I would have been fine if they just made some changes and didn’t ask us about it - no playtest. I am not trying to suggest the actual playtest process is a shame. You completely misunderstood/ read into what I was saying.
I did completely misunderstand. Thanks for clarifying!

mamba

Legend
If you follow video game release cycles for Triple-A titles, you know how many years these can take. So far we've seen a trailer with no gameplay. They are likely years away from having this in a usable format. More years from that to digitize and animate their back catalog of 5e content.
Their VTT needs no computer controlled opponents, and essentially no game world (albeit the assets for one), that cuts down on development time compared to an actual game.

All the models can be worked on in parallel to development, there is no reason to not start working on them on day one. If they really are years away, there is no reason whatsoever to not have everything ready on day one if they wanted to. I doubt we are years away, I'd expect something in 2024.

If a digital "mini" costs the same as a physical Reaper mini (say, $3-4 for a medium and go up from there) I will be stunned. Would anyone pay that?

It would definitely make my decision easy - just buy more Reaper minis! (but mostly from their Kickstarters which are an awesome deal)

I mean I think they might well be in that range given that they are making animations for them, but note that you also only need to buy it once...

... then again, if their VTT stops getting updated and is web-based, "all my orcs gone" is going to be a meme. At the least, Reaper isn't going to come to my house and take the three ships I Kickstarted from them. ;) :LOL:

I mean I think they might well be in that range given that they are making animations for them, but note that you also only need to buy it once...

... then again, if their VTT stops getting updated and is web-based, "all my orcs gone" is going to be a meme. At the least, Reaper isn't going to come to my house and take the three ships I Kickstarted from them. ;) :LOL:
It’s not like physical objects are not at risk of being damaged and lost too though. I lent a whole box full of minis to a friend’s child to use while they learned the game. They went off to college and I never saw those minis again. There’s always risk!

It’s not like physical objects are not at risk of being damaged and lost too though. I lent a whole box full of minis to a friend’s child to use while they learned the game. They went off to college and I never saw those minis again. There’s always risk!

Oh sure, you never know if your cat is going to do a high-dive onto your High Elf spear block (not mine, but a story I heard long ago that I associate with this sort of stuff).

If you want a horror story, my group has guys who have wargamed since before I was born and they told me of how they once set up a Cold War microarmor (tiny tanks the size of pennies) game on the floor. One of our more oblivious regulars apparently decided he had to walk across the floor to shake his hand before the game started. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Remove ads