D&D 5E Neverland: It's Peter Pan for D&D!

Andrews McMeel Publishing has released a D&D 5E setting based on the world of Peter Pan. "Created by award-winning designer Andrew Kolb, endless escapades unfold – with a fascinating and mysterious cast featuring Mermaids, Crocodiles, Pirates and Fairies, but also Giants, Gnomes, and a Great White Bird. The book is a feature-length hex crawl campaign, intended for sandbox exploration...

Andrews McMeel Publishing has released a D&D 5E setting based on the world of Peter Pan.

9781524860202_frontcover.jpg

"Created by award-winning designer Andrew Kolb, endless escapades unfold – with a fascinating and mysterious cast featuring Mermaids, Crocodiles, Pirates and Fairies, but also Giants, Gnomes, and a Great White Bird. The book is a feature-length hex crawl campaign, intended for sandbox exploration. Adapted from the tales of Peter Pan and tailored for an older audience, each hex is self-contained, brimming with lore from Peter Pan and the Darlings’ escapades."

9781524860202_insidepage_4.jpg

I'm not sure how Peter Pan's stats compare to those in Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters! Anyway, you can buy it now for $24.99.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
That's cool that a mainstream publisher is releasing an RPG (even if it's just a setting).
I wonder if 5e is really the best system for playing a Lost Boys or Peter and the Darling type adventures... Guess we'll see.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
That's cool that a mainstream publisher is releasing an RPG (even if it's just a setting).
I wonder if 5e is really the best system for playing a Lost Boys or Peter and the Darling type adventures... Guess we'll see.
I think the core system rules are fine for it. I dont think the class/race/spell framework chassis works very well. It would need new character content for it to "feel" right and maybe some secondary system to help capture the storybook fantasy more.

Ravenbrook

Explorer
My problem would be to find anyone to play it with. That aside, I'm a bit surprised that they're doing this, given that J.M. Barrie is a controversial figure, to say the least.

Inglorin

Explorer
Though it is advertised as a 5th edition book, these stat blocks in the images don't look anything like 5th edition D&D at all... rather OSR-ish.
What's the 5E content in this book? Or is this just a marketing ploy?

Wrathamon

Adventurer
Though it is advertised as a 5th edition book, these stat blocks in the images don't look anything like 5th edition D&D at all... rather OSR-ish.
What's the 5E content in this book? Or is this just a marketing ploy?
agree. It looks like someone who doesnt really understand 5e or wanted to present the stat block in a different way so they dont feel they are plagiarizing? its hard to say because the images are so blurry.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads