• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New adventure path: Age of Worms

Simplicity

Explorer
Thanks for the info. I knew the Wind Dukes sounded familiar. Though I never did have the Rod of Seven Parts boxed set... :(

Interesting and unusual set of characters for the adventure path though... Oh, I hope the Rod of Seven Parts plays a role.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Simplicity said:
Thanks for the info. I knew the Wind Dukes sounded familiar. Though I never did have the Rod of Seven Parts boxed set... :(

The Rod was mentioned in previous accessories (such as the Book of Artifacts), but those sources had almost no info on the Wind Dukes.

Interesting and unusual set of characters for the adventure path though... Oh, I hope the Rod of Seven Parts plays a role.

Kyuss and Dragotha seem to go well together, being undead-focused and all, but I don't think they're behind the forecoming apocalypse. While the location for the first adventure (the Whispering Cairn) was an old Vaati outpost, I don't think they or the Rod have any other part of the Adventure Path...but that's just my guess.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
It does, although perhaps not quite the role most people would imagine. The "plot" of the Adventure Path is emphatically not "track down the Rod of Seven Parts."

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
Dragon & Dungeon

Simplicity

Explorer
Sorry Erik but all I heard was...

Erik Mona... Kind Of said:
It does... "track down the Rod of Seven Parts."

:D :D :D

Oh, suppose it's probably better your way. That having been done before and all.

Thanks for the info!

Detachable ro-od... Do do do do.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
It seems to have something to do with where the Rod was broken originally though, that happened on the Plains of Pesh, which was one of the names Erik dropped in issue 123's editorial.

Erik, as an aside, where can I find more info about this "Khellek" you mentioned there? That's the only name I can't find any info on so far.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Got my copy in today, looks very spiffy at first glance. Looking forward to figuring out how I can use it in my AU game.

"Age of Wyrms" would actually work out really nicely if it were indeed about the rise of dragons or somesuch. :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well could make it so the dragons rise out the ashes of the end of the world. Just an idea.

*has Bad Moon Rising playing in the background*

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
EricNoah said:
"Age of Wyrms" would actually work out really nicely if it were indeed about the rise of dragons or somesuch. :)

Not sure if you're joking here or not Eric. It's "Age of Worms", with an "o" and not a "y". It's probably not dragon-oriented (as Erik has hinted).

My interpretation is that "Age of Worms" (since we've been told that's the name of the apocalypse for the Flanaess) is that it's an age where most people (if not everyone) are dead, and the corpses are so prevalent that the worms have an eternal feast, leaving the world to them.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Alzrius said:
Erik, as an aside, where can I find more info about this "Khellek" you mentioned there? That's the only name I can't find any info on so far.

It's more fun if you figure it out yourself.

More fun as in I'll send something cool to the first person who locates the reference.

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
Dragon & Dungeon

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads