• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New adventure path: Age of Worms

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
The closest I can find so far is the similarly-named Kelek from XL-1 Quest for the Heartstone as a pregenerated PC. I think he was also in AC1 Shady Dragon Inn.

In XL-1 he's listed alongside notables such as Grimsword, Zargash, and of course, Warduke. From what I can tell, he's also appeared in a few episodes of the D&D cartoon, and was an ally of Warduke.

At this point, my only guess is that "Khellek" is a renamed (and maybe revamped?) Kelek of old...perhaps, given his (cartoon) relationship with Warduke, he's an indication of the presence of the Horned Society in the Age of Worms?

Simplicity

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Got my copy in today, looks very spiffy at first glance. Looking forward to figuring out how I can use it in my AU game.

"Age of Wyrms" would actually work out really nicely if it were indeed about the rise of dragons or somesuch. :)

Damn it, man. Details! Details! Plus next Dungeon info!
Need... Adventure... Path... fix... ;)

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Alzrius said:
The closest I can find so far is the similarly-named Kelek from XL-1 Quest for the Heartstone as a pregenerated PC. I think he was also in AC1 Shady Dragon Inn.

A worthy guess. You're in the right neighborhood in terms of obscurity and era.

Wrong.

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
Dragon & Dungeon

Surreptitious

First Post
If I remember correctly there once was an AD&D action figure by that name
Kelek - Evil sorcerer produced 1983 or 1984, is that what you are refering to?

Morrow

First Post
Surreptitious said:
If I remember correctly there once was an AD&D action figure by that name
Kelek - Evil sorcerer produced 1983 or 1984, is that what you are refering to?

Nah, the Kelek action figure is the same guy as the Kelek from Quest for the Heartstone and Shady Dragon Inn. You know, depending on the gaming group it would either be incredibly cool or earth-shatteringly dumb to run Quest for the Heartstone for 3.5 on a bigger grid, using the old action figures and monsters instead of miniatures.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Age of Worms. I never got a chance to run Shackled City as a whole, but I'm stealing shamelessly from it for my current Freeport Game.

Morrow

EricNoah

Adventurer
Alzrius said:
Not sure if you're joking here or not Eric. It's "Age of Worms", with an "o" and not a "y". It's probably not dragon-oriented (as Erik has hinted).

My point was that if it was indeed about Wyrms (as opposed to Worms), it would fit pretty neatly into my Arcana Unearthed campaign, as one of the mysteries of that setting is "where'd the dragons go?"

LeapingShark

First Post
takasi said:
They didn't include the Eberron sidebar? I guess we're not running this adventure anytime soon...
Keith Baker suggested:

Diamond Lake = Sharn, City of Towers
The Spire of Long Shadows = somewhere in Q'barra
The Rift Canyon = the Goradra Gap in the Mror Holds
the Ebon Triad (who play a large role) = the Lords of Dust

My D&D-playin' buddy and both subscribe to Dungeon. We generally get our mags around the same time. The rule is, we have to wait for both people to have the issue so we can call dibs on who gets to use which adventure.

I got my issue yesterday, and called my buddy, who didn't have his yet.

Me: "I am so calling dibs on Age of Worms before you even see it."
Him: "Bastard!"
Me: *evil cackle*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads