WotC New Card from "Adventures in the Forgotten Realms" Leaked: "Den of the Bugbear"

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Yea, exactly: WotC is pretty meticulous about making sure that everything actually related to the card in play is explained in the rules text box explicitly.
I’m not sure I agree. Some things, like a card’s color, are implicit, and premium printings (which I’d assume this is) often break the rules about what normally gets printed on what part of the card. See for example the “Party Hard, Shred Harder” secret lair, or the textless MPR promos.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Hmm… Actually now that I think about it, it’s not inconceivable that the text “Dungeon Module” actually indicates that this a Dungeon card. It would be very strange, but it is certainly possible.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I’m not sure I agree. Some things, like a card’s color, are implicit, and premium printings (which I’d assume this is) often break the rules about what normally gets printed on what part of the card. See for example the “Party Hard, Shred Harder” secret lair, or the textless MPR promos.
True, but I don't think that's the case here.

Level up is already a mechanic in MtG.
View attachment 138668Wouldn’t be too surprised to see it return here though.

Eh, if that were the case, this card would have a ton of necessary information not printed on the card, which is something WotC tries to avoid if they can help it, except in the case of certain premium prints.

If there is ever a Modren Horizens 3: Faerun that is where you'll find a reappearance of this mechanic, that is my prediction.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Can someone go ahead and make me this module? ;)

This "module" is listed as part of the R series (source wikipedia).

R—Role Playing Game Association tournament modules, R1–6 were also available to RPGA members. R1–4 were later revised and abridged as I12. Mentzer initially intended the "R" series to take place in Greyhawk (on a different continent from Oerik) as part of an "Acquaria" or "Aqua-Oeridian" campaign. The original concept was to use these modules to form the basis of a new Greyhawk boxed set, although TSR never went forward with these plans and as such the modules are not officially for Greyhawk.

The series ends at R10 (so we're missing R11, someone make that too!) but this module could be a sequel to R5;

View attachment 138667

I went ahead and looked up The Great Bugbear Hunt... it's a big hexcrawl, where the party seeks out the bugbears who stole the the party wizard's spellbook.

It does indeed culminate with the bugbear's den, which is a fairly difficult assault considering how the bugbears have a pretty vigilant guarding force. The most dangerous enemy is probably the bugbear witch doctor.

Remove ads