D&D 5E New D&D Survey, with some in-depth setting questions

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
There is another axis for when magic users have a lot of power and are common but they only cast cast spells of a limited sphere. Long Magic? Low frequency magic.

An example would be the Avatar universe. Tons of benders but all but one bender has multiple elements and advanced bending is rare.

D&D on a whole is High Versatility as all casters except sorcerers have tons of different spells.

D&D never really attempted a setting with tons of narrow casters. Nentir Vale was the closest.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Are we sure that's what's happening?
Are we sure that they are asking questions where because of the differences in publication for early TSR editions vs. WotC editions they will skew their results if they lump them together?

Yes.

Are we sure that they are expecting just 5e responses?

I'm not - that was Parmandur's thought.

Greg K

Legend
Are we sure that they are expecting just 5e responses?
At least one or two questions seemed to do so. They specified 5e without either a choice of none of the above or does not appply and would not let me move on if I clicked enter without makin a selection while other questions let me move on when I hit enter without making a choice.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
At least one or two questions seemed to do so. They specified 5e without either a choice of none of the above or does not appply and would not let me move on if I clicked enter without makin a selection while other questions let me move on when I hit enter without making a choice.
I've already addressed why if they are only expecting 5e responses when asking about making your first character that they are actively poisoning their data. I think they are better at data analytics than that.

Greg K

Legend
My answer to the "what are your 3 favorite races" question on surveys like this one always has been and always will be "Gnomes, Warforged, and Lizardfolk".
I chose Human, Lizardfolk, and Half-Elf. I wish I could have included Gnomes, Halflings, Half-Ogre, Deva, Fairy (third party), Shifter, Dwarf, and Elf

Remove ads