D&D 5E New D&D WotC survey asks if you read ENWORLD!

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah, I expect they’ll find me boring too. I’ve bought every book and way too many minis but virtually none of the extras (like the themed map packs and dice sets and things), and I don’t watch any streaming shows or buy anything on D&D Beyond or use a VTT or anything like that.

I'm the same. Might be a cultural thing, these kiwis are awful.

ph0rk

Friendship is Magic, and Magic is Heresy.
You are assuming they want information from the survey.

If they want engagement (tm) and justification, a survey like this is perfect.

You can cherry-pick the conclusion you want, and you can claim it came from the end-users.

True - and all the more reason to call it out as poorly designed, as laypeople hear "survey" and think the results are necessarily god's truth.

Hatmatter

Laws of Mordenkainen, Elminster, & Fistandantilus
A 25 minute survey with no compensation is ludicrous. Nonresponse bias, here they come.
I am not smart enough to know in advance if such a survey would produce a nonresponse bias. I do know, though, that the role-players I know are happy to give Wizards feedback, knowing that it gives us a voice in decisions they make about future publications. I found the survey fun to take. Why would I find answering questions about a purely pleasurable pastime anything but fun to do?

Weiley31

Legend
I know WoTC is probably gonna be sad at the fact that I've only paid 37 bucks plus sales taxes for a number of their newer releases thanks to Gamenerdz and Minature Market. They are probably gonna give me a weird look when they see that most of my 5E purchases, aside from the WoTC stuff, is via kickstarter.

Aldarc

Legend
There is a question absent in a lot of WotC D&D surveys that I wish that they would ask: "what non-D&D TTRPGs do you play regularly and/or enjoy?" Because I think it would also be useful for them them to know the other TTRPGs that their playerbase finds attractive or appealing.

Greg K

Legend
There is a question absent in a lot of WotC D&D surveys that I wish that they would ask: "what non-D&D TTRPGs do you play regularly and/or enjoy?" Because I think it would also be useful for them them to know the other TTRPGs that their playerbase finds attractive or appealing.
They did ask something along those lines. I don't remember the exact wording, but they asked for up to three rpgs. I listed Icons: Assembled, Savage Worlds, and Tiny d6 (except Tiny Supers)

Aldarc

Legend
They did ask something along those lines. I don't remember the exact wording, but they asked for up to three rpgs. I listed Icons: Assembled, Savage Worlds, and Tiny d6 (except Tiny Supers)
Jein. They asked for top three games - unspecified - that you played on the same page and immediately following them asking about video games. The implication for me was that the question was about video games.

Remove ads