New Discussion Thread

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Nope - after things went sideways, I discovered that reading the thread through "New Reply" worked. I caught up on several multi-page threads that way. (Open earlier page, hit new reply, see newest posts.)

My only guess is that there was something in the posts other than the actual text & timestamp that was making the DB throw errors. Can't think of what that would be that wouldn't make older posts fail too. It's a mystery, haha.

CaBaNa

First Post
Does anybody know when PHB2 actually comes out? I have heard rumors (from the local bookstore) about the 17th but have no concrete stuff...

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
EDIT: I've reposted this in the new discussion thread. Please continue discussion over there (assuming anyone wants to discuss it).

Speaking of the PHB2, someone over on RPG.net just got theirs today/yesterday (they live in Japan, so what day it was depends where you are ;)). Here's a link to the thread, some nice spoilers there. :D

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
I don't see why that is, but the char op threads keep pointing that out. Maybe it's that the implement is a wand, but Locks don't use Dex... or that Cha isn't really a great Wiz option.

I just like the Eldritch Blast as an At-Will, and the Wiz powers and cantrips along with it.

WEContact

First Post
It's partly because the two classes are built to do different things in combat (Warlocks are meant to do damage, Wizards are meant to keep monsters from doing what they want to do, for example slowing a brute so that he can't run past the defender to engage the cleric) and partly because Wizards have a lot more options, and much better feats and powers.

I'd really enjoy helping you figure out an effective build that you'd enjoy playing, but I need to know more first. Why do you like Eldritch Blast? Do you like the idea of the power, or do you like that it's a ranged basic attack? Or that it does 1d10 damage? Why do you like Wizard powers, for their mechanics or because they're cool? I think I get why you want cantrips, they have no real mechanical impact in combat so there's only one reason to want them: they're really cool.

Do you want to play a blaster mage, or a sorcerer* who uses illusions and enchantments to keep enemies from attacking?

*not referring to the Sorcerer class here, just using the word as a generic term for magic-user :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases