• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New DRAGON+?

Mirtek

Hero
If that's true then awesome! Is this supposed to be just a Dragon+ thing or is it just an adventure they put up on their website?
Don'te get your hopes to high the X-1 adventures are always the weakest of the season. They're a string of 5-micro-adventures that usually consist of very little RP and one medium fight, so that each can be completed in 1 hour. They are self-contained so that any of the five can be played without having to play the other four.

The cool 4h adventures start with X-2+

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Don'te get your hopes to high the X-1 adventures are always the weakest of the season. They're a string of 5-micro-adventures that usually consist of very little RP and one medium fight, so that each can be completed in 1 hour. They are self-contained so that any of the five can be played without having to play the other four.

The cool 4h adventures start with X-2+

I think those are very cool actually, as they fit a need for some of the stuff I do. I don't consider them weak at all, just different. They are well written given the goals they are trying to achieve, and they do achieve those goals well.

gyor

Legend
Much better this time.

Especially the Sword Coast Adventure Guide interview.

For those not able to access it here's a quick run down.

It will have maps for Northern Faerun (they show the map, not alot of info from it, except that it show a region it refers to as Old Empires where Mulhorand used to be), map of the Sword Coast and North, Maps of Luskan, Waterdeep, Neverwinter, Baldur's Gate.

For Player Content it specifically mentions Purple Dragons, Uthgagt Barbarians (sorry misspelled it), Elven Blade Singers, A new Warlock Patron the Undying (with Multiverse references, prehaps undead or Vestiages? Immortals?), A new Paladin Subclass called Oath to the Crown, it indicated there are others subclasses as well unmentioned, Tiefling Variants, Half Elf Variants, a hier background, backgrounds that tie into the realms and the sword coast.

It will have the one thing I really wanted, a complete list of the Gods, a ton of them.

It will also detail the new relationship with the Gods and how religion now works in FR.

I was apathetic on the SCAG, but its got enough to get me excited.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Re-hee-hee-HEE-ly??

Time to reinstall DRAGON+ and take a look - kudoes to WotC for changing direction somewhat on the e-mag. Issues 1 & 2 Really held no value for me, but this sounds very promising!

Remathilis

Legend
Next issue is going to have info on Duergars (that ties into RoD and SCAG) and their kingdoms, as well as info on the villain of SCL (including his stat block!) in a Demononicon.

Aside from the Hillsfar adventure (which isn't linked correctly) you can get Appendix A for Out of the Abyss (two new background features and list of bonds).

Its certainly improving and felt much less like a giant ad. Well, it felt like a well done and informative giant ad. ;)

gyor

Legend
Sadly that's progress.

I think Duegars will be a subrace in SCAG, they don't say it at the end, its just kind of hinted at sort of. I could be wrong.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads