• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New DRAGON+?

gyor

Legend
Order of the Crown is mentioned in the interview with the lead designer for Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide in Dragon+

Its a Paladin Oath, focusing on serving a Kingdom/Monarch/Civilization or a Lawful Deity.

gyor

Legend
All the info I got was from that interview, except that Swashbuckler, from Unearthed Arcana, a Rogue Subclass, came from SCAG being announced.

This is not a complete list in the interview, but its more information.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
same thing here

maybe I'm showing some blatant ignorance here...but what are you referring to when you mention "the DDAL secret download site"?

The D&D Adventurers League has a password-protected site where its DMs download the D&D Expeditions adventures from.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Seems like they took the complaints to heart.

A much more interesting read; the lore on Rage of Demons seemed interesting, the interview with the SCAG lead designer was chock full of good stuff, and the underdark material components was a good bit of flavor lore. The bonus Appendix A and Module (which the link doesn't yet work for) is good stuff as well.

First issue I felt spoke to the TTRPG as an important part, not just a throw-away.

Next issue: Demonomicon returns!

Might have to check this one out! Sounds like quality advertainement. :)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Did a look!

Hints from the interview include
  • Uthgardt barbarians
  • elven bladesingers
  • purple dragon knights
  • new totems (presumably for totem barbarians)
  • new warlock patron (the Undying - likely undead themed?)
  • a background where your character is an heir to something of value
  • half-elf variants (I'm thinking probably things like half-sea elves and half-drow)
  • tiefling variants (I'm curious about this! I wonder if it tethers to the Demon Lords...that'd be neat. There's an ill of a Grazz't-lookin' tiefling with not-ridiculous-horns-and-tail that I'm smiling at)
  • stuff on FR gods (more useful to setting wonks I imagine)
  • Oath of the Crown for paladins - specializing in allegiance to a soverign and defense of civilization

Healthy tidbits! Looks like lots of love for the "heroic leader in heavy armor" archetype. :)

The adventure isn't something I can speak to, since the !@#)*%#@$! download link was borked, but I'll take some free dribbles of info about what's in the SCAG as worth the price of admission (which, you know, if it's not for you, I just summarized it!).

Mirtek

Hero
I really hope the "elven" in elven bladesingers is only as a shout out to the original creatores of said style and the class will state how elves had to start to train members of other races in bladesong, after the spanking the received during the second fall of Myth Drannor.

We have non-LG paladins in 5e, don't re-introduce race-bound classes

Corpsetaker

First Post
I really hope the "elven" in elven bladesingers is only as a shout out to the original creatores of said style and the class will state how elves had to start to train members of other races in bladesong, after the spanking the received during the second fall of Myth Drannor.

We have non-LG paladins in 5e, don't re-introduce race-bound classes

I hope it remains "elves" only because there is no reason for an elf to train other races in the art of Bladesinging.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads