D&D 5E New Eberron Book Details From WotC

WotC’s Jeremy Crawford appeared on Twitch last night with Bart Carroll, discussing the upcoming D&D setting book Eberron: Rising from the Last War. Lots of details within!

ED746060-9834-4FFF-A8DB-F1B39F19E486.jpeg

- Overview of Eberron, emphasized potentials for adventure and post-WWI pulp style of setting.

- Dragonmarked Houses as fantasy Corporations, playable Dragonmarked characters as race rules in the book

- Rules and stories for playing, Warforged, Changlings, Kalsthar, Shifters, Goblins, Hobgoblins, Bugbears, Orcs. Playable Orc is different fro mthe Volo's Guide rules to reflect the different story (no intelligence malus, few other tweaks, still usable for other worlds, these are PC Orcs as opposed to Monster Manual Orcs like Volo's).

- Full rules for the Artificer, including a new feature in this book for making Common and Uncommon magic items

- Aberrant Dragonmark Feats are in the book

- Group patron rules for organizations the late 19th-early 20th century style: newspapers, criminal syndicates, universities, spy rings: fourth choice after Race-Class-Background that the party makes together, has new fluff background features to give characters and adventure hooks

- Possibility of the party becoming their own patron, example being creating your own Crime Syndicate

- All of the above is Chapter 1 material

- Chapter 2 is a Gazeeter of Korvaire and the world: delves into great nations, the religions, touches on otehr continents

- Chapter 3 is a zoom in on Sharn, a microcosm of the setting, great place for Noir intrigue

- Chapter 4 is a 100 page adventure creation toolkit comparable to Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica: wealth of adventure building tables, maps, organization information, first level adventure set in Sharn. Reveals brand new information about the Mournland, for instance, during the war they created not just regular Warforged and Warforged Titans but also Warforged Colossi the size of skyscrapers: one of the maps is of a fallen Warfored Colossi as a dungeon @doctorbadwolf

- Section in "massive" chapter for creating adventures about Eberron's cosmology, and how it relates to Great Wheel multiverse, left to DM to decide how sealed off Eberron is by the Progenitor Dragons

- There are extended magical item economy rules in chapter 5, Common magical items are plentiful: buying, selling, crafting rules and price lists.

- Eberron specific monsters and NPCs in the sixth and final chapter, covering things like Daelkyr, Living Spells (3 different Living Spells in the book including Living Cloud Kill, and a template for making more) and various specific NPCs

Last edited by a moderator:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I reckon they were thinking about the Giant Soul Sorcerer for this book, and it didn't pan out. :(
No new archetypes (as far as I can see) is the only negative with this, and even then that might not matter because of a new class.

Overall, i am excite

A bummer to not see anything for a Blood of Vol or Silver Flame Paladin, but I guess I can try to get over my dislike of the mechanical oddball nature of the stuff in Morgrave Miscellany and pick that up, or just do some home brewing.

Still, this book has so much I have been craving since 5e came out.

The warforged colossus as a dungeon is so wild I love it!

Patron rules as a way to handle organizations, combined with the goodies in the Acquisitions Incorporated book, has me very excited.

Rules for economic stuff in a world with common lower level magic is the single biggest thing that has been missing since day one.

An Artificer with rules for crafting common magic items is baller as hell.

My trepidation wrt this book is alleviated.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
A bummer to not see anything for a Blood of Vol or Silver Flame Paladin, but I guess I can try to get over my dislike of the mechanical oddball nature of the stuff in Morgrave Miscellany and pick that up, or just do some home brewing.

Still, this book has so much I have been craving since 5e came out.

The warforged colossus as a dungeon is so wild I love it!

Patron rules as a way to handle organizations, combined with the goodies in the Acquisitions Incorporated book, has me very excited.

Rules for economic stuff in a world with common lower level magic is the single biggest thing that has been missing since day one.

An Artificer with rules for crafting common magic items is baller as hell.

My trepidation wrt this book is alleviated.

Crawford brought his A-game to this spoiler session, for sure.

The Warforged Colossi dungeon is the most metal thing.

Baumi

Adventurer
That sounds awesome! 8D

But I am confused how this book compares to the other Eberron release from last year.

Aldarc

Legend
Well, we already know from Greg Tito that Rising from the Last War is over 200,000 words, while the Wayfinders Guide is only about 50k, so at the very least 75% of the book is new.
Hopefully this means people will now stop whining about "buying the same book twice" regarding Wayfinder's Guide.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases