New Errata & Sage Advice Compendium (Sleep & Trance Are Fixed!)

Shouldn't that actually be the 7th printing? The last round of errata was for the 6th printing. Also, there's even errata for Out of the Abyss, Sword Coast's Adventurer's Guide, and Volo's Guide to Monsters! EDIT: I see that the D&D Conversions document has been updated to v1.01, but I can't actually see anything different at a glance.

Shouldn't that actually be the 7th printing? The last round of errata was for the 6th printing.

Also, there's even errata for Out of the Abyss, Sword Coast's Adventurer's Guide, and Volo's Guide to Monsters!

EDIT: I see that the D&D Conversions document has been updated to v1.01, but I can't actually see anything different at a glance.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
In the old long rest rules, it wasn't really clear whether the rest was associated with sleep or just time passing. Sleep was I think the obvious way to interpret it, but the rules didn't force that interpretation. As such, it wasn't 100% clear that a long rest was a benefit of 8 hours sleep, as opposed to, say, getting 8 hours older or something.

The updated rules seem to me to make it much more clear that sleeping is the key feature of a long rest. As such it seems to follow more clearly that a benefit of sleeping is the long rest. I guess you could say it's still not 100% clear unless they say it explicitly, but if it moved from 90% to 99%, that's good enough for me.

Remove ads

Remove ads