New forum style available

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I get headaches from white backgrounds if I read for more than a few paragraphs.

I do see an image and a link in your sig.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I
First, I would recommend some sort of background in your wrapper (.yui-u.yui-panel ) for the main news section. What's happening is that you have text against a busy background, making it harder to read. Something like this in the CSS would work nicely. You may have to add some padding.

Code:
.yui-u.yui-panel {
  background:  #000000;
}

Alternately, you can use the background tile you have above. Best of both worlds!

But then it wouldn't look like Eric Noah's site!

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Just chiming in quickly: what precisely is the difference between the Eric Noah skin and the Half Fiend Love Child skin? I'm not seeing one.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
There are enough changes between the Noah (and sub-Noah) and the Reborn skins that it's distracting.
I feel like I've fallen back 10 years, which is fine for a bit of nostalgia, but I was really comfortable with the Reborn skin.

Could the Reborn skin use a few minor adjustments, yes, I found some of the buttons were (menu) overflowed on my browser at my work computer 1280x1024 screens, but nothing too bad.
I do like the larger default font sizes, but the yellow is not a colour I'd select for reading.
The grey/white colour that is being used in the Post/Reply window is closer and easier to read. Pretty much grey at #CCCCCC
It reads nicely on the dark grey window #333333

I realize that many might like the new white skin, or the retro Noah and use them regularly, but I'm one who preferred the Reborn black skin

And I just noticed another Reborn skin than the Noah and Half-Fiend version, will check that out.. EDIT: ** ah, yes, but no, that's just the white Reborn skin not the Legacy Reborn skin.. Friday Brain not working.. **

Tovec

Explorer
Okay maybe I'm just not seeing it.. but what's the difference between Eric Noah and the Half Fiend Love Child? It looks the same to me.

MarkB

Legend
Another vote for the old Legacy - I'm not keen on the repeated background logo. I use Legacy because it makes easy viewing, not for nostalgia.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I guess registering your votes gets me more ad views so I should encourage it, but it's really not necessary, guys. I've already said I'll try to recreate it. Adding your vote won't speed it up, though!

Remove ads