New Generation Legacy, Issue 2: A New day arrives

Vanifae

First Post
"And you can hardly complain that my analysis of your apparent character finds you the type of student who would skip the first day of class, even in a security lockdown. That judgment is shared by others who evidently have not been making such 'unfair deductions'. After all, you knew that Trillian, Yoshi, and Jerry were planning to skip class, as well as Johnathan, who evidently thought better of it after some consideration," he explains, nodding to John. "And of course, it is my hypothesis that you knew of their plans because they invited you along to go with them, which they would not have done if they had not judged you likely to accompany them," Emmet finishes, just as he finishes suiting himself up in the United Nations exercise suit.
Nick laughs, “Wow I bet you were the most popular guy at your school too huh? Are you for real? Only reason why I knew is because I heard about it, I turned it down I had better things to do, and I don’t know what judgments you made about me but obviously they are wrong. Maybe you are just jealous because you were not invited, I don’t know dude. I don’t know you, but your attitude is pretty damn weird, even if they did take off you didn’t have to NARC our classmates like that; and so what if I was covering for them it’s what friends tend to do.”

“Maybe if you had some from where ever you came from you might understand that,” Nick says flexing as he tests the material of his suit. He shifts from one foot to the other practicing a few mock jabs and movements to get the feel of the suit.

Fully dressed he glances to John, “Can you believe this kid?”

"Well I quess we could, mind if we call the institute to make sure? Trilly asks quietly as she pulls her prepaid phone from her bag and pulls up the call center for the school.

OOC: Strange..thought I'd posted.. wonder why the work network keeps eating my posts. :D

Mimic

First Post
At the beach

Yoshi shrugs his shoulders and gets in behind Jerry. The van its self has a pretty non-descript interior, pretty much what you would expect from the police, two other police officers are in the van as well one man and one women, they are heavily armored and carrying rather large caliber rifles. They like detective Jackson look less then impressed to be here.

"I don't really care who you call, just do it in the van." Jackson replies glancing around while trying to ineffectively to direct you inside.

the training facility - girls changing room

"It vital that we keep track of who is using what as well the fact that there is a lot of really cutting edge technology being used here, we can't just let anyone get a hold of it." Jun Min replies to Mary.

"I am sure we can arrange something Clover, once this session is over we can send it to our R and D department, I'm sure they would love to get their hands on it" she continues with grin. "Don't worry they won't break it."

the training facility - boys changing room

"I don't know, where I come from the outfits came with a lot more padding." John replies eyeing the exercise outfit suspiciously. "I hope this thing fits."

"I would have gone but there was no way I would have made it past those reporters outside, darn shame too. I betcha their having a great time."

John shrugs to Nicks question. "Takes all kinds I guess, but not cool if you were ratting them out."

The outfits themselves look like latex but on closer inspection it seems to be more of a blend of different types of cloths, and while it isn't skin tight, there isn't much left the the imagination. The outfit contains: pants, shirt, shoes and gloves along with a small neck piece that slips in from your shoulders to the base of your skull, although it doesn't interfere with any head movement.

Once outside Jun Min in a similar outfit, stands before you. "These outfits while not being the most fashionable will help us understand how your elite abilities function, they measure your blood rate, chemical and electrical reactions, temperature as well as a host of other things that I am forgetting. They are recorded and sent to Amy's databanks where we can pull up the information later.

As she talks she leads the group across the room past the numerous exercise machines. "Due to what ever reason most elite abilities are offensive in nature, why that is we don't know yet but its important that you learn to work as a team considering that most of you will probably end up in some sort of enforcement team, whether its with the UN a country or private company. Even if you don't, learning to work together towards a common goal is always good." She stops in front of a large door.

"With that in mind we at the institute created this." with a flourish she opens to the door, beyond it is a huge room easily 100 feet by 100 feet and standing in middle is a vaguely humanoid figure. "You will enter this room in teams I will create and as a team your job will be to turn off the robot, sounds easy doesn't it? Any questions before we start?

Samnell

Explorer
At the beach

Yoshi shrugs his shoulders and gets in behind Jerry. The van its self has a pretty non-descript interior, pretty much what you would expect from the police, two other police officers are in the van as well one man and one women, they are heavily armored and carrying rather large caliber rifles. They like detective Jackson look less then impressed to be here.

Jerry eyed the guns. That could be more reassuring. They going to hunt elephants when they're done?

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ah yes, the two of them will insist on sticking to some juvenile code of honor that endangers their supposed friends and any passerby in close proximity. Obviously, they lack the capacity and retention of my own memory, but I would not have expected that they would so readily forget the events at the shopping mall. Especially since they both saw the horror of the food court firsthand; I only caught glimpses, Emmet thinks, shuddering to think of the event two days before.

Emmet raises his hand eagerly, blurting out his questions. "Actually, yes, I do have several questions. First of all, how do are we supposed to turn it off...is there a power button at the back of the neck? Is the robot connected to Amy or another network, and would removing its connection to said network constitute turning it off? Lastly, does destroying the robot constitute as a success in this exercise?"

Victim

First Post
At the beach

"I don't really care who you call, just do it in the van." Jackson replies glancing around while trying to ineffectively to direct you inside.

the training facility - girls changing room

"It vital that we keep track of who is using what as well the fact that there is a lot of really cutting edge technology being used here, we can't just let anyone get a hold of it." Jun Min replies to Mary.

"I am sure we can arrange something Clover, once this session is over we can send it to our R and D department, I'm sure they would love to get their hands on it" she continues with grin. "Don't worry they won't break it."

"Yeah, that's what I mean. It sort of seems like this place went with really cutting edge and expensive because it's really expensive and cutting edge."

As she talks she leads the group across the room past the numerous exercise machines. "Due to what ever reason most elite abilities are offensive in nature, why that is we don't know yet but its important that you learn to work as a team considering that most of you will probably end up in some sort of enforcement team, whether its with the UN a country or private company. Even if you don't, learning to work together towards a common goal is always good." She stops in front of a large door.

"With that in mind we at the institute created this." with a flourish she opens to the door, beyond it is a huge room easily 100 feet by 100 feet and standing in middle is a vaguely humanoid figure. "You will enter this room in teams I will create and as a team your job will be to turn off the robot, sounds easy doesn't it? Any questions before we start?

"So how will the robot be attacking us?" I hope that destroying it counts.

"And how much do those jobs pay?"

Mimic

First Post
"Yeah, that's what I mean. It sort of seems like this place went with really cutting edge and expensive because it's really expensive and cutting edge."

"A lot of this technology will be released to the general populace within the next year or so and it was decided that this school would be a good place to see it being used in real world conditions. Besides this tech is the best way to teach and train you all, as well as help keep you safe."

"So how will the robot be attacking us?"

"Well, that all depends on how you go about trying to turn it off." Jun Min replies with a smile. "It is designed to access any threat coming at it and come up with a counter to it."

And how much do those jobs pay?"

"Depending on your abilities it could range from hundreds of thousands to literally millions of dollars per year."

"Actually, yes, I do have several questions. First of all, how do are we supposed to turn it off...is there a power button at the back of the neck? Is the robot connected to Amy or another network, and would removing its connection to said network constitute turning it off? Lastly, does destroying the robot constitute as a success in this exercise?"

"Yes, there is a power button on it, I am not going to say where it is but its there," she adds with a smirk. "Yes, it is connected to Amy, again I am not going to say how. Any of those examples are acceptable solutions."

"Now the first team will consist of Nick, Emmet, Clover, Mary and Layla. You can take a few minutes to try and come up with a strategy, please remember that the object of this is to work as a team, coordination and communication are vital to succeeding."

"Since you prefer your own armor Clover, I took the liberty of having it brought down for you although you will have to wear it over the suit you are wearing now, until they can refit it."

ooc: you purchased it you should be able to use it right?

"Once you have entered the room the session will start, the rest of the students will be watching from here. Just a warning if you decide to physically try and shut it down it will respond in kind, although the settings on it have been turned down pretty low you could come away with a few bumps and bruises."

Shalimar

First Post
"Sounds good Ma'am...bet Trilly and the rest are really gonna be up in envy for missing this training." Clover says, sounding very eager to get started.

"Nah, my armor is skin tight, wouldn't be able to wear it over this thing anyway. Besides, all the other girls and boys have their naughty bits on display thanks to these ruddy things, it wouldn't be quite fair to the lot if I was the only one who wasn't." the British girl said grinning at the thought behind the comment.

"So mates...we ready to go in and have our shot at 15 minutes and a stack of cash?" she asks the others in her group.

OOC: I bought it as equipment, so it wont always be availible. Either way, with the last 2 PPs, I bought the toughness feat twice, so I'm only 2 below PL instead of 4. If your ok with it, we could just go with me getting more out of the UN suit since I am used to moving around and dealing with armor. Its fine either way.

Victim

First Post
"Yeah, let's do this." Keller says enthusaistically. "We should probably come up with some kind of plan though - breaking the robot probably means we don't get full points. Especially if that's what we try first." Too bad though.

"I have strength, toughness, and flying powers. So I could tear off some access panel on the back or something to push the button, try to hold it back while someone else turns it off, or just smash it."

"What else do we have?" Keller turns to Layla, "You have mind reading, right? Does that work on a robot? Maybe someone else - like Jun Min - knows a weak point or something that you could find with your power?"

Remove ads