New Generation Legacy, Issue 2: A New day arrives

Shalimar

First Post
Clover blushes when Layla perks up and then sends her the mental message. With the way the girl's power's worked she was fairly certain she'd understand and receive the mental reply, 'I was just checking out whether or not the teacher was actually going all big brother on m' thoughts. Not that I don't think she is totally shagable, but uhh...teachers aren't exactly a scandal free enterprise, even for the british. Though I dare say some of me old mates from back at King's school would fancy a go...both the fella's and the ladies, she is dead fly.'

"We shouldn't have the responsibility of knowing that people pay attention to what elites say and do? Who are these teachers so I know never to take a subject with them for fear of learning something that is actually common knowledge?" the british girl jokes, and then settles down to allow the teacher to do his thing. It was tradition in the British school system, or rather the academies Clover had attended that the students be treated like adults, and it was a bloody daft way of thinking to Clover to hide the truth from students that was such common knowledge.

---------------------------------------------------

"I don't suppouse I could just use my own kit? The thing set my father back a good bit actually, shows more then is quite decent if I've eaten too many burgers, but its as flexible as spandex, and as protective as full on body armor it is. It has some sensors in it actually, but not sure what they all are...do you think I could maybe use it in the future if it checks out with your boys here?"

Hammerhead

Explorer
The new girl makes two very excellent points.

"I suppose your life must have been fraught with danger, growing up in Great Britain," Emmet quips in a deadpan tone. And if I were her, I would likely immediately begin a round of intrusive questioning that could be best described as an interrogation. No, not quite. I would need to bother her while she is trying to do something constructive. That would be roughly equivalent. And I would need to retroactively change my opinion whenever circumstances proved I was wrong, Emmet thinks sourly. He was still angry that he had not yet managed to study the next-generation weapons, and that the cell phone investigation trail proved to be cold.

"Other than my neurological functions, my body is quite normal, so these expensive body monitoring suits might be a waste of United Nations money in my case," Emmet says. Nevertheless, he heads into the locker room for males and begins to change into his exercise suit.

Shalimar

First Post
"I get in a lot of tussels and spar a lot. Boxing, fencing, etc. Unarmored skin doesn't holdup quite so well against a sword, even a wooden one." Clover answers with a shrug. "I have a collection of actual plate armor too, and swords and shields and such. Its the point of castles to collect such stuff."

Sighing the British girl heads into the locker room, finds her locker with its suit and gets down to the business of changing, keeping an eye on all the other girls as they went about changing too...it was only human nature in the face of temptation, she was also trying to figure out how you got into the bloody things, pulling it all on by the neck hole, or a zipper, or something else.

Vanifae

First Post
Nick grins slapping Emmett on the shoulder in a playful way, "Cheer up Emmett, maybe they can monitor your brain waves or something? Besides you could use a little PT..."

Nick heads in to get changed, glad to be doing something he really excelled. Nick glances to the other guys getting changed, "Kind of like suiting up for practice, don't you think John?"

Victim

First Post
"Yeah, but pads for sports aren't armor, and they're different for each sport." Keller carefully puts her clothes away before trying on the UN's sensor laden garment.

"I hope this stuff doesn't break or tear easily. It'd be nice to have some stuff that isn't made of tissue paper."

Hammerhead

Explorer
"My body is fine the way it is," Emmet says defensively. "I am surprised that you are not with our irresponsible and reckless classmates who are skipping class. I hope that Miss Kim can find them quickly, before our mysterious attackers locate them."

Vanifae

First Post
"My body is fine the way it is," Emmet says defensively. "I am surprised that you are not with our irresponsible and reckless classmates who are skipping class. I hope that Miss Kim can find them quickly, before our mysterious attackers locate them."
"Sure it is," Nick shrugs, "You know smart guy, you don't know me like you think you do, since I met you you have been the one making assumptions about me; I don't mind but after awhile it's going to get annoying. Simply put, don't be that guy."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Emmet stares at Nick icily. "I am unaware of which 'guy' you are referring to, but rest assured: I have no intention of being him. I only intend to be myself."

"And any judgments I have made about you are a result of your own words and actions. An assumption, on the other hand, is a judgment that is presumed to be true without any corroborating evidence," Emmet explains as he changes, pulling off his wristband and taking his microwave emitter out of his pocket. 'I do not mind, but after some time it will be annoying, Emmet thinks to himself. Which, of course, means that he does mind and he finds it annoying already. Only fair, I suppose, given how much he annoys me almost every time he opens his mouth. I would not expect Nick to actually communicate what he means; our initial disagreement arose because I was unwilling to put up with his dishonest, phony posturing.

"And you can hardly complain that my analysis of your apparent character finds you the type of student who would skip the first day of class, even in a security lockdown. That judgment is shared by others who evidently have not been making such 'unfair deductions'. After all, you knew that Trillian, Yoshi, and Jerry were planning to skip class, as well as Johnathan, who evidently thought better of it after some consideration," he explains, nodding to John. "And of course, it is my hypothesis that you knew of their plans because they invited you along to go with them, which they would not have done if they had not judged you likely to accompany them," Emmet finishes, just as he finishes suiting himself up in the United Nations exercise suit.

Remove ads