New Generation Legacy, Issue 2: A New day arrives

Vanifae

First Post
"Not to be too cynical, but of course they'll spare no expense here. They want to give elites every reason to buy into normal society and become crazy dictators or gods and stuff. Plus all the help they can provide makes it more likely we'll stay here where they can study us and our powers."

Okay, don't fall asleep in class...
Nick does not look at Keller but replies, "Wow that is a pretty negative opinion of this whole thing, you barely got here and you are already calling the UN out. Nice, real nice there... we try and help people and you just piss on our efforts."

Nick shakes his head, Wow what a bitch...

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
"Its a mix of both I reckon. The UN are trying to put their best foot forward for us. By educating us they hope to instill good citzenship and ethics in us so that when we choose to use our powers we are doing it for good reasons instead of greedy ones. We have the ability to do a lot of damage if our powers get out of control so they want to make sure that we can quite handle them." Clover says, trying to ease up the arguement between the Nick and the newest student

Wonder where Trilly is, that wasn't right skivving off on the first day, she was liable to catch a whole ration and that meant there might be less time to hang out if she caught a load of detentions.

Vanifae

First Post
"All I know is that we risked our necks out there helping people, and I am not getting paid for that; I did it because it was the right thing to do. The UN is just helping us get the most out of our abilities, so maybe we can all do the right thing too. You know pay it forward," Nick adds.

Victim

First Post
Nick does not look at Keller but replies, "Wow that is a pretty negative opinion of this whole thing, you barely got here and you are already calling the UN out. Nice, real nice there... we try and help people and you just piss on our efforts."

Nick shakes his head, Wow what a bitch...

"Why is it negative? It just makes it a sort of win/win trade. Like an athletic program - schools don't build a gym or maintain fields just because they want to give us a place to show off. They'd lose students if they didn't have them, the activities build school spirit, having a good program provides them with prestige. Or how a job?"

"I mean, I thought the whole point of universal education wasn't just to help the people who'd get, it's because making sure everyone can do certain things is supposed to prevent bigger problems. The UN is pretty much doing exactly what its supposed to be doing. It's just not all magical unicorns and rainbows."

It's like he's made of stupid.

Vanifae

First Post
“Now that sounds more down to earth instead of calling us crazy dictators and gods… we may kick ass but we don’t kick that much ass yet, and I am definitely not trying to run my own country. Honestly not too many of us look all that bad off when it comes to getting an education so yeah I can understand what Clover is saying but the way you put it it’s like the UN is just using us for their own ends when really it’s pretty much a partnership. I mean if we want to we can leave what are they going to do to us? But why would you? This is about as sweet a deal as one can get,” Nick replies.

“I can agree with you that they want to put their best face forward but that is obvious. Does the UN profit from this, I am sure they do, but I am not going to get all cynical and say that everything here is to control us and make us UN puppets or something asinine like that. We are elites we control our own destinies, we are the future, they just want to make sure some of us don’t make that future without them I bet. I mean Emmet is probably smarter then whole nations combined, Clover here can control the freaking weather… you can fly supersonic… we got scary powerful abilities here and they can’t contain us… just hopefully give us the tools to do the right thing, am I right Clover?” Nick visibly relaxes gesturing to Clover.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Emmet raises an eyebrow at Nick's explanation, but says nothing. He seems to know an exceptional amount of information about a question I directed at Clover. And he answered that question rather quickly. The most likely explanation is that Nick is trying to conceal information from me. Interesting.

Emmet cracks a smile when Keller mentions the magical unicorns and rainbows. She had a far too cynical view of the school, of course, and neglected certain of its other important functions for the United Nations, but she was essentially correct. Emmet would have argued that the slight variations in Clover's description were more correct, but he did not feel like entering into a potentially pointless debate. On the plus side, though, Keller did not like Nick either; it was nice to know that others were intelligent enough to see through him.

"Josee, not to pry into your personal affairs, but I have heard from your roommate that your gifts cause electrical shorts in your appliances, correct? I could attempt to better insulate them," Emmet offers helpfully.

Trilly

Trilly slipped out from behind the fence and adjusted her shorts over her swimsuit before walking over to join the others.

"Very nice beach.. only other one I've been to is Myrtle Beach back home." She says as she sits down on a towel and looks out at the ocean

Mimic

First Post
In Class

John sits down, next to Nick removing his hat as he does. "Lets just says that our paths took different roads." He replies somewhat cryptically, "did anyone else notice the whole mess of reporters outside, I don't think anyone can easily get by them without being harassed something fierce."

"Ms. Trilly was with them when we parted company." He adds looking over to Clover. "Where they are now I can't rightly say though."

"Bonjour," the girl replies, giving you the once over, your not sure if you should be insulted or not. Apparently satisfied, she continues. "I am Josee Charbonneau, it is very nice to meet you."

Finding a seat way from Nick isn't much of a problem, the classroom itself looks like it can hold 40 students easily.

"Oui, please I am running out of hair dryers," Josee addresses Emmet as Mary finds her seat

Manjit enters the room giving a small wave in greetings the everyone and sits herself down separate away.

Layla says nothing about the current conversation, being somewhat enthralled with her desk. Before she can say anything a side door opens that you didn't realize was actually there and two people walk in.

One is easily identified as Jun Min the others is a middle aged man wearing a tweed jacket, carrying a briefcase wearing old fashioned glasses, obviously a teacher.

"Greetings everyone." Jun Min says with a big smile, "most of you know me so just let me introduce Professor Walsh, he and I will be for a lack of better words, in charge of you for the next school year..."

Her smile vanishes quickly as she studies the assembled students. "It would seem that a few of you are missing, can anyone tell me where Yoshi, Jerry and Trilly are?"

"Wow, that was right fast." John mutters under his breath to Nick.

At the beach

"Your not just going to sit on the beach are you?" Yosi comments as you sit down on the towel, "we got the whole day a practically the whole beach to ourselves. It just doesn't get better then this."

He pauses for a moment before getting a look on his face that you are starting to realize usually means mischief. "You like surfing right man?" He says to Jerrry. "Well check this out." And with that he is gone, racing across the the sand and out onto the water, he races across the water making a large arc that is heading right back to you once he is about 100 feet away from you he stops running and actually hydroplanes across the top of the water, he does rather good until he stumbles and falls skipping like a rock before crashing into the beach with a resounding thud.

Samnell

Explorer
he races across the water making a large arc that is heading right back to you once he is about 100 feet away from you he stops running and actually hydroplanes across the top of the water, he does rather good until he stumbles and falls skipping like a rock before crashing into the beach with a resounding thud.

Jerry laughed, "Gotta work on your balance, mate. Tell me you didn't break anything?"

Remove ads