New Generation Legacy, Issue 2: A New day arrives

Samnell

Explorer
"But first we are going to have to figure out how to get past the news crews. Normally I wouldn't mind people taking my picture but I think today calls for some subtlety. Anyone got any ideas?"

"I can turn the lights off on 'em, but I reckon that would get noticed."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Emmet turns back to Kiyana with a smile, then replies back in Russian, "I believe that I have. Thank you." He then responds to James back in English, "What? Do I like class? I suppose it is natural to like an activity one is skilled at, so yes." Actually, I am worried that it will be too easy. I was bored before, now that my breadth of knowledge is so widely expanded, it could be agonizingly slow.

But if that is the worst complication, then I shall suffer it gladly. It could be much worse, Emmet thinks, reminding himself of Manjit.

"Do you want to continue the meet and greet," he asks Keller.

Victim

First Post
Mary, Emmet

Kiyana cheers a little when you agree to help her. "That would be good, yes. English is very hard." Turning to Emmet she rattles off several lines of Russian before revert back to English.

"You learn Russian now?" she enquires.

"Dude, you can learn Russian from just hearing it? That is so cool." James adds in. "Looks like we have about 20 minutes or so before class starts. I take it you like that stuff?"

Emmet turns back to Kiyana with a smile, then replies back in Russian, "I believe that I have. Thank you." He then responds to James back in English, "What? Do I like class? I suppose it is natural to like an activity one is skilled at, so yes."

"Can you learn anything with equal speed? That'd make school a snap - just look through the text on the first week, and then be done for the year..."

Manjit stands behind both of you not saying much.

As you watch the table, the Spanish boy looks up right at you, he maintains eye contact for a few moments before giving you a wink and a smile before returning his attention to the table, pretty good considering the distance. Of course it could have been a fluke

Hmm, how should I get her involved... I don't really want to push her too hard, nor do everything for her. This is harder than I thought. Oh hey, Keller returns a smile of her own. Super hearing or something? I got some of that too.

"Kiyanna, James, this is Manjit. She's from India." she offers as an introduction

"Do you want to continue the meet and greet," he asks Keller.

"Sure. I'm sure that you three can find something to talk about right?" Kiyanna seems so nice you can't really screw this up, Manjit.

Trilly grins as she walks up.

"What speedy von hentai can't get us out?" She asks as she hefts her gym bag of clothes over her shoulder.

"I mean most of us have no trouble at all slinking by them I'm sure.

Mimic

First Post
Clover, Nick

Layla blushes and lowers her head eyeing something intently on the floor, but her smile can't be missed.

"A beach party it is," Amandi breaks the silence as he pushes his plate away from him. "Hopefully the AWOL ones will be allowed to come. Either way it doesn't really matter at the moment with all the fun learning we are about to embark on."

"I should be heading out, got to get a good seat to nap in." He adds in with a smirk.

"I should go to, I should try and get a hold of my parents before class starts." Layla states as she rises from her chair. "I will see you in class, Nick." she gently rests her hand on your shoulder for a moment before starting to leave. "You too, Clover" she says waving to the red head.

Jerry, Trilly

"I could but I think the brick wall over here," he says pointing to John, "might be a tad heavy."

"Hey..." John retorts. "Not my fault my family is on the tall side, besides I think Jerry has a right good idea, turn the lights off on them and we go around. If we all go in different directions and meet up say four blocks away we are all good. Just don't make the blackout so big that everyone will come runnin. If someone does see it by the time they come to see what is going on, we will be long gone."

"Sounds good to me, what do you guys think?" Yoshi adds with a shrug?

Emmet, Mary

Manjit is more then happy to sit down after you introduce her, to Kiyanna and James, you figure that Manjit is a fairly social person but her elite powers have put a stop to that. Both of you notice that a few students are starting to get up and leave, perhaps going to class early.

If everyone wants to jump forward to the start of class/getting to the beach we can, just let me know.

Samnell

Explorer
Jerry, Trilly
"Hey..." John retorts. "Not my fault my family is on the tall side, besides I think Jerry has a right good idea, turn the lights off on them and we go around. If we all go in different directions and meet up say four blocks away we are all good. Just don't make the blackout so big that everyone will come runnin. If someone does see it by the time they come to see what is going on, we will be long gone."

"Sounds good to me, what do you guys think?" Yoshi adds with a shrug

"It'll draw a lot of attention," Jerry sighed, "And if we actually want to get everyone to the beach it's not going to help. You and I can get there, Yoshi, but we don't need the distraction to begin with."

"Rather not make a bunch of people think they're under attack either. Someone could get trampled in there."

Hammerhead

Explorer
"No, I can not learn any new skill with equal speed, unfortunately. Instead, I am applying my hypercognitive abilities to a language algorithm I have already devised; once I have a few samples, deciphering the rest of the language is quite easy. And one of my current fears is that the academic curriculum offered here will be too easy, since I was bored in regular high school before my Elite break-out."

"I suppose you will be able to meet the rest of your peers before class, Keller. Most everyone is leaving already."

Yeah, let's skip to class or whenever.

Victim

First Post
I knew she could do it.

"Wow, I didn't know that was even possible." If it's just some formula, you'd think a computer or something could have made a universal translator... I mean languages change based on other languages they run into and stuff right? How you can you just derive all that from a few words? And how do I do stuff in defiance of gravity and leverage, etc? Don't think too hard about superpowers. "Just talk to the teachers about doing whatever - if you're super smart, then as long as you make them look good on evaluations, then you can probably get away with a lot."

"Well, I'm going to introduce myself to those four before they leave. See ya in class or something." Keller hurries off.

[sblock]I'm fine with moving on.[/sblock]

Remove ads