• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Issue of Dragon+

Issue 4 of DRAGON+ is here! DRAGON+is an app from WotC available on iOS and Android devices (find it in the respective app stores). This issue contains Duergar information from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, a free Adventurer's League module, and more - plus tons of information on the various videogame projects for WotC.

Issue 4 of DRAGON+ is here! DRAGON+is an app from WotC available on iOS and Android devices (find it in the respective app stores). This issue contains Duergar information from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, a free Adventurer's League module, and more - plus tons of information on the various videogame projects for WotC.

Editor's Letter from Matt Chapman - "Matt Chapman gets tearfully nostalgic for old D&D videogames, overly excited for new D&D videogames, and a little bit scared by a newcomer known as Belaphoss, Devourer of Hope and Dread General of the Gibbering Hords. Gulp."

Discovering the Gold Box - "As Goog Old Games dusts off thirteen classic D&D titles, the original staff who worked on them and the videogame designers and producers they inspired share their favorite memories."

Winning Races: Duergar - "An in-depth look at these dark reflections of the more traditional Forgotten Realms dwarves."

Travel Talk - "Things get a little crazy when our intrepid reporter Melissande Calador dares to descend into the Underdark."

Imagining the Ampersand - "Lars Larsen, design engineer at LZX Industries, on creating a high-tech interpretation of the Dungeons & Dragons Ampersand."

Neverwinter Strongholds - "John Hopler, senior content designer at Cryptic Studios, shares the secrets to a successful PVP siege campaign in the free-to-play MMORPG."

Demononicon of Iggwilv: Belaphoss - "Everything you ever wanted to know about Sword Coast Legends' main baddie Belpahoss but were too petrified to ask."

Fiction: The Thweem - "A peace-loving Underdark inhabitant gets a brush with madness in D&D writer Adam Lee's short story."

Interview: Jay Turner - "The narrative director of Sword Coast Legends offers an exclusive behind-the-scenes peek at the CRPG."

Video & Audio Highlights - "Canadian rocker Matthew Good talks about his love of the world of Greyhawk and charity fundraising scores a critical hit with Extra Life 2015."

Beyond the Board: Dice Masters - "Dungeons & Dragons Dice Masters draws upon classic D&D elements to bring a fantasy touch to this dice building game."

Gauntlet Gophers - "Tavis Maiden's exclusive comic strip for DRAGON+ proves there are all kinds of crazy in the Underdark."

D&D Adventurers League - "Download the official D&D Adventurer's League module Shackles of Blood and investigate a string of disappearances in the Hillsfar region."

[h=4]Original Post[/h]
Not sure if this had been posted already, but the newest issue of Dragon+ is rolling out. Just downloaded mine a few minutes ago.

View attachment 71167

LostandDamned

First Post
Most of them, unlike the ones in the magazine, are password protected and the password is given out to AL organizers.

Which is a shame really, as I work evenings and can never get to a AL endorsed game, but I really want to run those modules at home, and thus we can't because of the password.

I do hope when they retire the modules, they remove the passwords and make them open for anyone to use.

CapnZapp

Legend
Which is a shame really, as I work evenings and can never get to a AL endorsed game, but I really want to run those modules at home, and thus we can't because of the password.

I do hope when they retire the modules, they remove the passwords and make them open for anyone to use.

Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully they'll release them publicly once they hit a certain age.
Not even past organizers (for editions long gone) have bothered to give a greenlight to using the password to access their content. I honestly believe you will never see those adventures if you just passively wait for the password.

Uchawi

First Post
If it is free I prefer it be released via PDF. I don't need to install another app on my phone or tablet. And besides the crunch there is nothing that interests me.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer

You do realise that Expeditions can be run at any time at the store right? I dont run Expeditions at night (although many people do) , I run from a 11:30 am to 4pm in the afternoon on most Saturdays. Stores over in Victoria run from 6 to 10pm. Some stores in the US run them during the day during when Id be at work but they still get games running.

Yeah Saturday might not be good for a lot of people , but gamers make time for gaming all the time.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Which means you can try.. online AL gaming? Yes online. Its setup via a store .. but its run online. Hell there is a large facebook community of people who just play online. Or who play at their local library .. which again is teyed up through a store . Not a store in their area but a store in another state.

Hell Ive played online games because I only get to dm local games.. I rarely get to play. There are places in Malaysia that dont have stores that are interested so they place elsewhere and tee up their games via stores in other countries.

It might not be easy, and it might take a lot of work but its doable.

Valador

First Post
Well I've been stuck in the middle of nowhere Germany farm country for the past 3 and a half years in the military with no store to play AL. Even if I had one around I probably wouldn't go, because organized play is not my cup of tea and I don't speak their language. I'm currently living in an area with no stores around while I finish my transition from the Army back to civilian life. So my access to AL things has been rather limited by work and location.

Oh, and before you talk about online... Have you ever used the internet Germany offers to soldiers at American Garrisons?

darjr

I crit!
if you want to run those mods and cannot get a store to sponsor you, you can petition WotC for access if you are organizing a public game day or c9nvention at a library or other hall.

For those interested there are a bewildering array of tablets in different sizes out there which make reading an app like this a piece of cake. FYI. If you're trying to read this on your phone and you're over forty with eye issues I'd suggest you're doing it wrong.

Remove ads

Remove ads