WotC New M:tG set announced: "Adventures in the Forgotten Realms"

Parmandur

Book-Friend
View attachment 125366The news was likely that in next year’s third quarter there will be a MTG block set in the Forgotten Realms. So now not only are there D&D magic settings, but also D&D-based MTG cards ;)

Vikings, Harry Potter, D&D, and Twilight.

Quite the pop culture panoply there.

I'm going to ahead and predict an Innistrad D&D book next year, or maybe a Forgotten Realms Setting book to tie in with Magic.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Your party features up to one each of a Cleric, Rogue, Warrior, and Wizard:

Attachments

• 1598976783877.png
    1598976783877.png
    886.2 KB · Views: 244

I would be disappointed if such occurred. The PDF was enough. I am not really into the M:TG crossover action, so far; not how I would have liked it approached.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I would be disappointed if such occurred. The PDF was enough. I am not really into the M:TG crossover action, so far; not how I would have liked it approached.

I was expecting to not like the idea when they did it. But, to paraphrase Dickens "'I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a schoolboy. I am as giddy as a drunken man."

And I assume my 11yo will be thrilled.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I was expecting to not like the idea when they did it. But, to paraphrase Dickens "'I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a schoolboy. I am as giddy as a drunken man."

And I assume my 11yo will be thrilled.

It's certainly more exciting now than it would have been in the late 90's. They took their time.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
M:tG could reuse old D&D settings, for example Jakandor, what is the risk? Or Birthright. Maybe Dragonlance in a future.

Sorry, M:tG isn't my cup of coffee. I am a collector, and I would rather to create stories with my imagination.

It would be very fun a new M:tG plane based in Hasbro's Visionaries franchise.

Considering how many demands for crossovers you've asked for, the idea that you don't like this is something I find hilarious.

Also, cleaner image of the schedule...

1598978094470.png

Remove ads