WotC New M:tG set announced: "Adventures in the Forgotten Realms"

lichhouse

Dreamer
Core D&D doesn’t have an apocalypse world where Cthulhu and Yog-Sothoth are striding the landscape, so that could be the unique angle for Zendikar (if that’s the setting book). D&D vs Cthulhu... or at least Emrikul, Kozilek, and Ulamlog, the Eldrazi.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Also, this was announced yesterday?

1598979067752.png

I love the idea of crossovers to promote franchises, but I haven't played a card game since years ago. Never M:tG or other franchise, and my last game was ordinary cards more 20y ago.

I like some pieces of the lore, and that is different.

FR in M:tG? I would bet we will see something in Neverwinter Online to promote the new Magic MMO.

I hope for April 1st the anoucement of a new set based freely in Equestria (my little pony) and Power Rangers: Mysthic Force.

Innistrad as D&D setting in 2021?

I love the idea of crossovers to promote franchises, but I haven't played a card game since years ago. Never M:tG or other franchise, and my last game was ordinary cards more 20y ago.

I like some pieces of the lore, and that is different.

FR in M:tG? I would bet we will see something in Neverwinter Online to promote the new Magic MMO.

I hope for April 1st the anoucement of a new set based freely in Equestria (my little pony) and Power Rangers: Mysthic Force.

Innistrad as D&D setting in 2021?

I also have not played card games for decades (more than two actually), but we did a driendly draft last month and it was quite fun. I then started to play in MTG arena and then I noticed why I stopped. Once someone figure out a great deck nowadays, you find yourself playing only against copy´s of that deck. Drafting and making the best of it is actually fun.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I also have not played card games for decades (more than two actually), but we did a driendly draft last month and it was quite fun. I then started to play in MTG arena and then I noticed why I stopped. Once someone figure out a great deck nowadays, you find yourself playing only against copy´s of that deck. Drafting and making the best of it is actually fun.

Took off playing from 1999 to 2014. The best thing to come out in the meantime was Commander/EDH, which is commonly played socially. So the goal for most groups is to win your fair share of games - and you should tone your deck down if you keep stomping the table. Tournament constructed magic? Yeah, that's brutal.

Remove ads