New Narnia trailer

Xath

Moder-gator
The motion capture coordinator for the movie came into my stunts class last winter and told us alot of really cool stuff about the movie. Instead of doing regular CG for alot of the human-ish creatures, they used mocap. It gives alot of the moves a more realistic look. I especially can't wait to see the faun's fight. The way she explained the process makes me think it will be absolutely phenomenal.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Katcracker said:
I have to say I agree with this. It looks to be awesome, with actual battles and much better animation then the old movies.
When you say 'old movies' are you talking about the TV series, or is there some Narnia movie I don't know of?

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
You haven't seen the old Narnia movies? Poor Viking.

Hmmm...looking now, they were made-for-TV movies. Perhaps that's what you meant by TV series. Cool :)

Last edited:

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I have seen the old UK TV series from the 80s, yes. 18 half hour episodes.

A quick search shows me that there is also a shorter three-movie-cut of that.

Viking Bastard said:
I have seen the old UK TV series from the 80s, yes. 18 half hour episodes.

A quick search shows me that there is also a shorter three-movie-cut of that.

there was also an animated version of LW&W that used to come on tv here in the states every year around Christmas time. There may have been one or two others that were made into animated films as well.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Were my eyes deceiving me, or was that a Minotaur I saw in the first preview? Unfortunately, I never read the books, though having read discussion in the past, I have a good idea how they go, and I know that I'm looking forward to seeing a troll, at least. :)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
YES!!!

Henry said:
Were my eyes deceiving me, or was that a Minotaur I saw in the first preview? Unfortunately, I never read the books, though having read discussion in the past, I have a good idea how they go, and I know that I'm looking forward to seeing a troll, at least. :)

Remove ads