DDAL New Official Moonsea-based DDAL Adventure Trilogies Coming From Baldman Games

Fans of D&D Adventurers League will be interested to hear that Baldman Games - the company which runs WotC's DDAL events at conventions - will be working with WotC to produce new, official D&D Adventurer's League content, consisting of trilogies entered around the Moonsea area of the Forgotten Realms. These adventures will premier at conventions where Baldman Games is present, and appear later on Dungeon Master's Guild for purchase.
DnD_ADVL.png

Here's the full announcement:

[h=4]Baldman Games announces new D&D Adventurers League Exclusive Content[/h]
Welcome to The Moonsea. The northern frontiers of the Realms. Bitter, cold, and harsh to those unprepared but full of ruins, magic, and wealth to those that know where to look.

The Moonsea is rich indeed . . . gold and jewels, valuable pelts, and old ruins ripe for plundering. But it is a hard place to live – cold, brutal, and dangerous, and it makes those who live there into something much the same, tempering the soft iron of their spirits into cold, sharp steel. The people of the Moonsea are hard and unforgiving because if they weren’t they’d be dead at the hands of monsters, tyrants, or the cruel turns of nature itself. ~ Khelben “Blackstaff” Arunsun

Hail and well met adventurer,

Baldman Games is proud to be the first group outside of Wizards to expand upon the great work that the D&D Adventurers League team has done over the first four seasons of the campaign, and we hope to be worthy contributors going forward. We have a lot of exciting things rolling out over the next 12 months, and we really hope you’ll join us for the journey.

We are working with the D&D team at Wizards and the D&D Adventurers League campaign administrators to create official D&D Adventurers League content that will premiere at conventions where Baldman Games is present. We use the D&D Adventurers League Player’s Guides, the campaign rules and errata, log sheets, the works. You can use your existing character and play away. It’s all D&D Adventurers League legal!

Additionally, the adventures created by Baldman Games will be on the Dungeon Masters Guild right alongside all the great D&D Adventurers League adventures that are already available. Our plan is to offer short, independent trilogies that focus on specific locations in the Moonsea and provide you with more chances to play.

Highlights:

• Moonsea-Based Stories: While upcoming D&D Adventurers League seasons might move around the Forgotten Realms as their stories unfold, our stories will always be based in and around the Moonsea. You may romp up and down the Sword Coast, saving the day (or not), but for these adventures, your home will always be back in the Moonsea. And your home will be changing around you, because of you!
  • Trilogy-Based Story Telling: Each of our releases will be in the form of a trilogy. They will be released through the Dungeon Masters Guild after their premiere period has passed. This means you will get an entire story to play at one time.
  • Convention/Gameday Support: Each of those trilogies will also have a special adaptable adventure attached to it for larger public events to run. This gives public shows the ability to band together their players to make lasting changes to the Moonsea. More details on these adaptable adventures and how to apply to run them at your convention/game day are coming soon.
  • Character Driven Stories: Our adventures provide you with the ability to affect the story in a permanent and noticeable fashion. Throw your support behind the throne, or join in with those trying to pull the chair out from under the current leader. You choose. Special events around the Moonsea give players the ability to make a choice and see the immediate consequences unfold.

There are currently no plans for such a site.

Good. The data entry for AL purposes is tedious enough as is for public play. Even with the XML importing feature of the WER, it still takes a while to get everyone entered. I don't have the patience to input progression for every single player and DM. The simple headcount tracking that is currently done is perfect as-is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm still waiting for online site like the one they have for MtG :(
Good news, but I want to see my progress as DM or as Player directly in WotC site.

AL isn't a competitive league, so it doesn't need such tracking of statistical minutiae. Plus it cuts into playing time by having to verify each player, and becomes a logistical burden for conventions. The honor system and logsheets are doing their jobs just fine. While such an idea may sound good on paper, think about the costs (time and financial) of implementing and maintaining such a system. It's just not worth it at all.

Turelim

First Post
Good. The data entry for AL purposes is tedious enough as is for public play. Even with the XML importing feature of the WER, it still takes a while to get everyone entered. I don't have the patience to input progression for every single player and DM. The simple headcount tracking that is currently done is perfect as-is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

AL isn't a competitive league, so it doesn't need such tracking of statistical minutiae. Plus it cuts into playing time by having to verify each player, and becomes a logistical burden for conventions. The honor system and logsheets are doing their jobs just fine. While such an idea may sound good on paper, think about the costs (time and financial) of implementing and maintaining such a system. It's just not worth it at all.

I think I didn't explain enough in my comment. first of all, I know is really tedious have a log like the one they have for MtG, I was trying to explain that would be great to have access to page where you can see the sanctioned events you had participated as player or DM, an have you earn points based on the times you DM or you were a player.
I'm not expecting the type of interface they have for Magic, I just want something similar (can be pretty basic) for D&D directly in the WotC site.

devlin1

Explorer
Who else is running some of Baldman's new content at Origins? I volunteered expecting to run Suits in the Mist, but ended up on the hook for two sessions of CORE 1-1 A Scream in the Night.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I keep forgetting that they are likely already recruiting for scenarios at both Origins and Gencon ( I swear it gets earlier and earlier each year).

Let us know how things go Devlin. How many weeks out do you get the scenario from Origins to read up before you run it?

devlin1

Explorer
I keep forgetting that they are likely already recruiting for scenarios at both Origins and Gencon ( I swear it gets earlier and earlier each year).

Let us know how things go Devlin. How many weeks out do you get the scenario from Origins to read up before you run it?

Good question! I've never been to Origins, but I did run City of Danger for Baldman last year at Gen Con, so I'm sure a little inbox research will reveal how much lead time I was given.

Looks like last year I was emailed the module about a month before Gen Con. I expect that means I'll get this one in mid-May.

Last edited by a moderator:

smerwin29

Reluctant Time Traveler
The AL-legal Baldman Games adventures are starting to be released on the DM's Guild site: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?keywords=Baldman

So far the first CORE trilogy, set in Melvaunt, has been released. So has the Phlan Trilogy, which is comprised of three 4-hour Tier 3 adventures. Other trilogies will follow in the coming weeks, until everything that was played at Origins, Gen Con, and Dragon*Con is available for purchase.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases