D&D (2024) New One D&D Playtest Shows Us The New Druid & Paladin

WotC has released the fourth One D&D playtest document. This 29-page PDF includes the druid and the paladin with Circle of the Moon and Oath of Devotion subclasses. Druid. The Druid class and Circle of the Moon subclass are ready for playtesting here. Paladin. The Paladin class and Oath of Devotion subclass are ready for playtesting here. Feats. Several revised feats appear here for your...

WotC has released the fourth One D&D playtest document. This 29-page PDF includes the druid and the paladin with Circle of the Moon and Oath of Devotion subclasses.

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 3.49.37 PM.png

Druid. The Druid class and Circle of the Moon subclass are ready for playtesting here.

Paladin. The Paladin class and Oath of Devotion subclass are ready for playtesting here.

Feats. Several revised feats appear here for your feedback, with more revised feats coming in future articles.

Spells. More spells are ready for playtesting, with a focus on smite spells, Find Familiar, and Find Steed.

Rules Glossary. The rules glossary has been updated again and supersedes the glossary in previous Unearthed Arcana articles. In this document, any underlined term in the body text appears in that glossary, which defines game terms that have been clarified or redefined for this playtest or that don’t appear in the 2014 Player’s Handbook.

see

Pedantic Grognard
Nah.

D&D is the "odd one out" in terms of how it uses editions in the TTRPG space.
Mmmh. I look at the three editions of Exalted, and I'm not sure I agree that D&D qualifies as being an "odd one out". I'd say, instead, that D&D tends to be on the dramatic end of the spectrum, but with plenty of company out there.

Mmmh. I look at the three editions of Exalted, and I'm not sure I agree that D&D qualifies as being an "odd one out". I'd say, instead, that D&D tends to be on the dramatic end of the spectrum, but with plenty of company out there.
I'd say Exalted has a pretty smooth mechanical progression, with the numbers and concepts changing a bit, but fundamentally the same ideas in use to a greater degree than the 2E-3E or 3E-4E or 4E-5E transitions, but YMMV. That said I am less familiar with Exalted 3E so perhaps that's a bigger change. I don't think there is "plenty" of company, though are I'm sure a few things out there.

Incenjucar

Legend
I'd really love it if primal, divine, and arcane spells were roughly equal in power, with pure casters for each, so clerics and druids could officially be 3/4 casters and we could get invokers back along with a primal caster that doesn't shapeshift but can make the freaking forest chase you down.

Remove ads

Remove ads