• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New PrC that needs EN help....

jayaint

First Post
I am at work and without books, so forgive the roughness here. I have had a moderate-ly cool idea (like a 6.5 out of 10) for a Prestige Class and I want to A) get it written down before I forget too much of it and B) get ground-floor input from EN'ers as to its develop-ability.

Prestige Class name here. (Ideas so far: Knothing-er, Nullen Voider. I know these suck. Please help!)

HD: d8

Prereqs:
-Eschew Materials (I would like to make it Spontaneous casters only, but I would like feedback on that)
-Impr. Unarmed
-Vow of Poverty (plus Ascetic???)

I would like this PrC to be kind of like a shadow-adept + shadowdancer + jedi... only without shadows or the Force involved. A character who lives for the DM-trick of "You awake in a dark prison cell, with no equipment, weapons, or bearings." A character who, as they get more powerful, actually withdraw from reality and become less corporeal over time, and have less in common with the Material Plane.

I would like to end it (@ 5th or 10th level) with something from Ghostwalk or BoED, etc... some kind of template add-on that would give you Risen Martyr + Ghost like characteristics, yet allow you to still be alive and kicking (sort of) in the "real world".

I think that with each level, you would have a %age higher chance of not being able to be ressurected, or reincarnated, but of becoming a true ghost and retaining your knowledge and memory.

Skill list should be all self-suffiecnt type skills + magic user skills. +1 caster level for levels 1-4 and 6-9, with a significant attribute/gameplay bonus @ 5th and the template add-on @ 10.

Basically, just an individual who is totally self reliant. is a caster, but casts innately (I think it *has* to be that way, unfortunately) and fights, but without equipment, and grows more powerful by becoming even LESS dependant on physical things. But losees his/her *humanity* for lack of a better term during the process. I wouldn't even mind seeing some kind of madness or insanity score reflected in the class, as progressing would push you further from yuor mortal coil.

Thoughts, ideas... suggestions. I will try and do some number crunching and table-making later at home... but just want basic thoughts for now.

thanks... jay.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I have an epic class similar to this, although it itsn't really a caster. (It does gain +1/3 level spellcasting, though.) Would you be interested in seeing it, or is it just too different to pull ideas from?

jayaint

First Post
I would love to see it... if you would like to email it... tropsjay@yahoo.com

The idea behind boosting the casting was to increase the self-sufficiency of the PC, especially as innate, spontaneous casting (sorcerer, favored soul, etc) and not relying on spellbooks, etc.

the Jester

Legend
I have a sort of similar prc in my campaign, the imaginary friend, that becomes more and more invisible and eventually incorporeal. It's very different conceptually, though.

Ferrix

Explorer
This definately sounds like an intriguing idea for a PrC. One suggestion is to check out the Psion Uncarnate (it's in the 3.5 SRD if you don't have the XPH). It eventually allows the character to become a fully incorporeal being, basically the idea that they have disconnected from the physical realm and become a wholly mental being.

Sort of a spiffy concept really. Although I think it could have been executed slightly differently. They get to bring equipment across with them, although you could instead change things around so that they shun even the physical items of the world.

Remove ads