New Races

Buddha the DM

Explorer
First up the Faelyn. They are a race of halfling-sized humanoid felines with a never-ending variety, and pattern, of fur colors.

[sblock=Faelyn Racial Traits (for 4e)]Faelyn

Racial Traits
Average Height:
2’ 8’’ to 3’ 4’’
Average Weight: 27 to 38 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity; +2 Intelligence or +2 Charisma
Size: Small
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Common, Faelyn
Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff, +2 Stealth

Faelyn Sidestep: Being small and nimble allows the Faelyn to escape from attacks where others would be harmed. You gain a +2 racial bonus to all defenses against area and ranged attacks.
Faelyn Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the short sword and the shortbow.
Land on Your Feet: A Faelyn may make an Acrobatics check to reduce falling damage even when untrained. The check however only by ¼ your check rounded down and a Faelyn will always land on their feet.
Ninth Life: You can use Ninth Life as an encounter power.

Ninth Life
Faelyn Racial Power

You have a cat’s luck at escaping things that should leave you dead.
Encounter * Healing
Minor Action * Personal
Requirement:
You must be bloodied.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +2 to your Reflex Defense. In addition, while you are bloodied, you gain regeneration 2.
Level 11: Regeneration 4.
Level 21: Regeneration 6.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Here's the Canidae. A race of humanoid canines that make excellent trackers and are accustomed to colder climates.

[sblock=Canidae Racial Traits (for 4e)]Canidae

Racial Traits
Average Height:
5’ 4’’ to 7’ 3’’
Average Weight: 114 to 300 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Wisdom; +2 Strength or +2 Constitution
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Canidae, Common
Skill Bonuses: +2 Endurance, +2 Nature

Keen Eyed: You can find and follow trails no matter how well covered they are. You ignore the difficulty adjustment for a quarry obscuring its tracks.
Thick Furred: Your people have made their home in colder climates for untold millennia and as such have developed a resistance to extreme cold. You gain Cold Resist 5 (Increase to Cold Resist 10 at 11th Level, and Cold Resist 15 at 21st Level).
Trackless Step: You get a +5 racial bonus to the DC required for creatures to find your tracks.
Stalker's Cloak: You can use Stalker's Cloak as an encounter power.

Stalker's Cloak
Canidae Racial Power

Others often find it easy to lose one of your people when distracted by even the smallest of things.
Encounter
Minor Action * Personal
Requirement:
You must have cover or concealment.
Effect: You are invisible until you attack or the end of your next turn.[/sblock]

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
how about something like...

Trackless Step: You get a +5 racial bonus to the DC required for creatures to find your tracks.

Canny Stealth Canidae Racial Power
Encounter
Minor Action Personal
Requirement: You must have cover or concealment.
Effect: You are invisible until you attack or the end of your next turn.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Glad I could help. Also, I would suggest giving them at least an upgrade to resist cold 10 at 21st (if not at 11th with 15 at 21st). That'd keep them on par with other races unless tracking is a HUGE deal in your world. :)

*EDIT* also, are you just making these races for your own campaign? They seem pretty cool and well thought out flavor-wise.

Buddha the DM

Explorer
I agree with the scaling of the cold resist racial and have added it in. They are sort of for a world that I'm working on but I don't see why they couldn't be used in other worlds.

Last edited:

Remove ads