[NEW] Star Frontier Adventure [IC]

OOC: That is your call. Below is the text for the power.

Perception filter (requires PSI 5). You render yourself hard to notice with a telepathic effect which causes others to simply ignore you. Perception filters work automatically on those with an INT attribute of less than your PSI score, while more intuitive creatures will notice you immediately. If you make an attack, the effect ends immediately. Creatures aware of you cannot thereafter be affected by the perception filter.

It only states it breaks on attack.

Shayuri

First Post
While the interview is going on, Echo produces the scanner they'd wheedled and checks a few settings, then begins taking readings around the place...as well as towards the minesite itself.

(OOC - as I recall this was a science scanner, so it would be checking for energy signatures? Logic + Computer (pool is 6d6, but caps at 5d) [roll0])

GreenKarl

First Post
Echo scanned about the area and with her scanner detected various energy signals coming from down below. They were fairly strong so she was confident that some kind of machinery was still operating below ground. From the readings she was fairly confident that the atmospheric pumps and some kind of mineral processor were running.

Heading out and checking out the clearing area (the two female workers planned on re-setting their barricade after the team left they said) the team found no evidence that anyone scaled the ice walls to get down here. There were no real footprints in the snow or ice nor over in the half-frozen mud by the thermal vent.

There were just the two access entry points into the main processor that also lead down into the mines below -- the smaller human sized door and the larger cargo access door. Normally these could not be locked but checking carefully (in case they were trapped or alarmed) both doors were locked somehow.

GM: To gain access to either requires a Challenging (13) AGI + Thievery check and a Routine (10) AGI + Stealth check to due so quietly. Otherwise you can try a Challenging (13) STR check on the smaller door to open it but you can't do that quietly. You can't make a STR check vs. the larger door I afraid. If someone wants to try something else instead...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Corvus
December 6, 2321

Summer followed the others with her pistol drawn, clearing the upper habitat module. It was clear, and checking outside revealed no one infiltrating from the glacier above. The doors down into the mine seemed to be locked somehow.

“Huh. Anyone know how to pick a lock?” Summer asked. “I can try, I suppose. Or I could shoot it open, maybe.”

[sblock=Character Tracker]
Summer Knight Character Sheet
Descriptor: A suave Human smuggler who can’t resist a pretty face.
Melee Defense: 18
Range Defense: 14
Mental Defense: 14
Vital Defense: 10
Health: 12/12
Luck: 3/3d6
Suave (1/day)
Seat of Your Pants (1/day)
Ammo
  • Disruptor 20
  • Slugger rifle 20
    • Reload 20

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mission]
  • Bring in Bernard family for the Chenzua Corporation on Corvus: Alexandre (father, dead or alive), Nicolette (alive), John (dead or alive), Ike (alive), William (dead or alive).
  • Retrieve Chenzua Corp stolen property.
    • Mobile Mine Processor
  • Register reward levels with UFA A.I. onsite.
  • Contact: Damian Atos (Chenzua general manager), Alpha City, Corvus - DONE[/sblock]

[sblock=Ship]
Xern Junk-Scout Type II Maranda
This is a longer range, updated junk-scout vessel used by the United Frontier Authority (UFA) for standard Regulator transports. It based on an older model Union Scout (at least a hundred years out of date) with various upgrades. It carries no weapons, but its range allow for Regulators to move about within the Reach with little difficulty. This ship is not suitable for patrol or anti-pirate work.
Weight: 429 tons; Cargo Units: 15 (0 available; capacity 0.2 tons)
Hull Class: 0-II (INIT +1d6)
Traits: none
Crew: 2 (cost 400cr/m); Passengers: 4 (standard)

Command & Control Systems
Computers: 1x Highwatch SM-1 Computer (CPU cycles 8; max FTL 8; checks +0d6)
Sensors: Chen-Collins SS-2 (range 4; checks +0d6)

Engine & Power Data
Subluminal: 1x Star Corporation SF-2 Fusion Reactor (power 12; Speed 11; fuel efficiency 1.2)
FTL: 2x Cui-Green Alliance SH-1 Hyperdrive (power 4ea; FLT-X 8.0; fuel efficiency 0.8)
Operational Range: 30 parsecs; Travel Increments: ​8 parsecs

Defensive Data
Superstructure: 6; DEFENSE 28; E-DEFENSE 10
Shields: 1x DayCorp Systems SSN-2 Navigational Shield Generator (power 1; SOAK n/a)

Facilities
Luxury: 100% (adequate; +0d6)
Facilities: Brig (2), Double Cabins (3), Messhall (6)

General Systems
Fueling 2x Fuel Bay Alteration
Market Value: 48.2 MCr (used 24.1 MCr)[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"The personnel door could be forced," observed Echo. "I'm not equipped to subvert the mechanism. Though it would be an interesting course of study."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Angel looks meditatively around the area, assessing the available resources.

OOC: Any chance there is any loading or hauling equipment? If so, Angel wants to make an Engineering roll to see if there's a way to open the door or yank it off its hinges (my thinking is that a facility like this is designed for protection against the elements, but probably not much thought was given to deliberate sabotage). Engineering: [roll0]

GreenKarl

First Post
Angel found a set of damaged drilling equipment that was half-buried in the snow. It appeared that it was just discarded outside haphazardly. She easily was able to make a quick patchwork to get it running again. With it she figure they could cut through any makeshift lock had been employed on either of the entryways. It would probably not be overly quiet but as Echo had detected power running down below she knew most such equipment was not especially silent. It would be unlikely for anyone down in the mines to hear anything. If the outlaws had someone stationed on the upper floors however...

GM: Angel is pretty sure that any "locks" are makeshift as there is no real reason to have such systems out here in the "wilderness" away from... everything.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"OK," Angel tells the team. "I'm thinking we just cut through the door. If someone's in there they'll hear us coming, so the rest of you take up positions and be ready for a fight. I'm going to try to get through the door and get clear, in case someone's waiting for an ambush. Make sense?" She adds, waiting to see how the team responds.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Corvus
December 6, 2321

“Got it, boss,” Summer said. She moved to the side of the door with her disruptor out and ready, out of the line of fire but ready to sweep into the room once the door was opened.

“Unless someone else wants to take point.”

[sblock=Character Tracker]
Summer Knight Character Sheet
Descriptor: A suave Human smuggler who can’t resist a pretty face.
Melee Defense: 18
Range Defense: 14
Mental Defense: 14
Vital Defense: 10
Health: 12/12
Luck: 3/3d6
Suave (1/day)
Seat of Your Pants (1/day)
Ammo
  • Disruptor 20
  • Slugger rifle 20
    • Reload 20

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mission]
  • Bring in Bernard family for the Chenzua Corporation on Corvus: Alexandre (father, dead or alive), Nicolette (alive), John (dead or alive), Ike (alive), William (dead or alive).
  • Retrieve Chenzua Corp stolen property.
    • Mobile Mine Processor
  • Register reward levels with UFA A.I. onsite.
  • Contact: Damian Atos (Chenzua general manager), Alpha City, Corvus - DONE[/sblock]

[sblock=Ship]
Xern Junk-Scout Type II Maranda
This is a longer range, updated junk-scout vessel used by the United Frontier Authority (UFA) for standard Regulator transports. It based on an older model Union Scout (at least a hundred years out of date) with various upgrades. It carries no weapons, but its range allow for Regulators to move about within the Reach with little difficulty. This ship is not suitable for patrol or anti-pirate work.
Weight: 429 tons; Cargo Units: 15 (0 available; capacity 0.2 tons)
Hull Class: 0-II (INIT +1d6)
Traits: none
Crew: 2 (cost 400cr/m); Passengers: 4 (standard)

Command & Control Systems
Computers: 1x Highwatch SM-1 Computer (CPU cycles 8; max FTL 8; checks +0d6)
Sensors: Chen-Collins SS-2 (range 4; checks +0d6)

Engine & Power Data
Subluminal: 1x Star Corporation SF-2 Fusion Reactor (power 12; Speed 11; fuel efficiency 1.2)
FTL: 2x Cui-Green Alliance SH-1 Hyperdrive (power 4ea; FLT-X 8.0; fuel efficiency 0.8)
Operational Range: 30 parsecs; Travel Increments: ​8 parsecs

Defensive Data
Superstructure: 6; DEFENSE 28; E-DEFENSE 10
Shields: 1x DayCorp Systems SSN-2 Navigational Shield Generator (power 1; SOAK n/a)

Facilities
Luxury: 100% (adequate; +0d6)
Facilities: Brig (2), Double Cabins (3), Messhall (6)

General Systems
Fueling 2x Fuel Bay Alteration
Market Value: 48.2 MCr (used 24.1 MCr)[/sblock]

Remove ads