New Star Trek Cinematic Movie Coming to According Deadline

aco175

Legend
I'll post the main test to keep everyone from waiting out the 30 second advertisement and unlimited amounts of pop-ups on the site.

EXCLUSIVE: Even as it continues to develop the final chapter in its main Star Trek series, Paramount is looking to further explore the IP. The studio has tapped Toby Haynes to direct a new film that expands on the Star Trek universe, with Seth Grahame-Smith penning the script. J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot is producing.

Sources tell Deadline that while plot details are being kept under wraps, the project is an origin story that takes place decades before the 2009 Star Trek film that rebooted the franchise. Insiders add that the final chapter in that main series, Star Trek 4, remains in active development.

Andor is excellent, one of the best sci-fi series I've seen, so good pedigree. But I'm not keen on going further back in time, and ... the list of failed Star Trek and Star Wars projects is starting to rival the number actually made, so I'll wait until I get a trailer.

How many failed Star Trek projects have their been? Just the Tarentino movie as far as I can tell and ST4 appears to be taking along time getting started and the Kahn mini series.

Say what you will be about Kurtzman has a lot better track record delivering what he promises.

He promised Discovery (delivered), Picard Delivered, Lower Decks delivered, Strange New Worlds delivered, Prodigy Delivered and saved, Section 31 starts shooting January 29th, SFA is coming (likely waiting till SNW season 3 finishes shooting).

JJ Abrams has a good track record of delivering too, he promised a star trek trilogy and he delivered, this bonus 4th movie has had some false starts, but hasn't been cancelled so that just leaves the Tarentino movie as never happening.

Its Katheleen Keneddy with the massive record of cancelled projects, starting with George Lucas' planned trilogy which Katheleen had promised him as part of the Disney deal then cancelled afterwards, and it only goes on from there. She had a massive graveyard of Star Wars vaporware projects. Doesn't even count the Indianna Jones tv series which seem to vaporware.

So you can't just combined Star Wars and Star Treks numbers and be like look at all these SW & ST cancelled projects that are vaporaware, these promised ST movies won't happen, when 99% of those vapourware projects are SW not Star Trek.

I wouldn’t say Discovery…..you know what, I’m not gonna open that can of worms. Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds are awesome!!!

Its fine Discovery was very experimental and sometimes careless with canon, so its not everyones cup of tea. I'd recommend pushing through the first few episodes because its worth it and it'll feel more and more like Star Trek as you get deeper into the series, you just need faith of the heart.

Ryujin

Legend
Its fine Discovery was very experimental and sometimes careless with canon, so its not everyones cup of tea. I'd recommend pushing through the first few episodes because its worth it and it'll feel more and more like Star Trek as you get deeper into the series, you just need faith of the heart.
And, oddly enough, it was the "faith of the heart" series that finally convinced me I don't have to watch everything that has a Star Trek label slapped on it. Well, it and the Kelvin Universe movies.

Remove ads