New "Stranger Things" D&D Starter Set Announced

That's really freaking cool! Thanks heaps for sharing, bro.

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
Weird that they didn't put an aspect of the real Demogorgon, the two-headed demon prince, who was the real villain of Mikes adventure. They used petalhead instead. Still, it will likely attract new players, so I'm all for it.

As a tie in product they wanted to include a mini of the actual villain from the show. I also wouldn't be surprised if in the adventure the monster is also more based on the show's creature rather than the real Prince of Demons. #NotMyDemogorgon

D1Tremere

Adventurer
80's style dice? Does this mean they are cheap plastic and uninked? Do they look like lame chewy candies? Does a crayon come in the box so you can fill the number indentations with wax so you can read the dice from more than 3 feet away? That's what I consider 80's style dice.

I tend to think of that as more 70s style dice.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Interesting that it is being sold by Hasbro and not WOTC. There was a Demogorgon that was the smaller/near original size that was a FLGS bonus mini if you purchased the classic creatures set they did a while back.

Both Wizards and Hasbro's logo are on the box. I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro is doing a big Stranger Things toy push this Summer, and this plays into that.

Satyrn

First Post
Both Wizards and Hasbro's logo are on the box. I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro is doing a big Stranger Things toy push this Summer, and this plays into that.

Still, he's essentially right. It is interesting that the Hasbro logo is rather prominent.

Wait a moment! I am thinking. If this an agreement between WotC and Netflix... why not to think this is the first step? Maybe we will see Hasbro toys about some Netflix franchise, or cartoon videogames about some Hasbro's toy, for example a reboot for young adults of "Inhumanoids".

Or they have given up on plans for a D&D movie for now and are secretly working on a series with Netflix.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Or they have given up on plans for a D&D movie for now and are secretly working on a series with Netflix.

Nathan Stewart talked obliquely about the film work this past Friday: he apparently talks to Paramount & Hasbro Studios weekly about the project. And industry publications have noted that filming is starting this Summer, sooo...something is happening.

Remove ads

Remove ads