New stuff at Origins?

Purple

First Post
Hey all,

As I cannot get time off in August for GenCon, Origins will be the only major convention for me this year. What new stuff will publishers have available for me to blow my money on this year?

-Purple

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Origins. . . let me see. It will be a race, I think, to see if The Quintessential Dwarf turns up at retailers or Origins first. However, you will see The Slayer's Guide to Orcs, The Slayer's Guide to Rules Lawyers and Encyclopaedia Arcane - Elementalism.

Those into Judge Dredd will find the full range of rulebook and supplements thus far, as well as Mega-City One's Most Wanted.

I have a feeling there may be a few copies of the Slayer's Guide to Female Gamers flying around as well, though that may be a GenCon release. . .

While I won't actually be there due to a family commitment, you'll find Book of Eldritch Might II just out as Malhavoc's entry into the fray.

Have fun at Origins. Wish I could be there as well.

Pramas

Explorer
You betcha

The Pocket Grimoires are running about a week behind, so Origins will probably be the first place you can buy them.

We'll also have Hammer & Helm: A Guidebook to Dwarves at the show. This is the first of our Races of Renown sourcebooks and it kicks the series off with a bang. Dwarf-a-holics take note!

Look for a Hammer & Helm web preview within a week as well.

Nikchick

Explorer
Green Ronin's Pocket Grimoires (Arcane and Divine) will be there, newly released. We should also have some copies of our guidebook to dwarves Hammer & Helm by then.

Of course if you're looking for something to do at Origins, we'll also have author Steve Kenson running demos of his Mutants & Masterminds game. That one won't be out until October, but you can catch a sneak peek at this summer's conventions.

D'oh! Pramas, you cad, you beat me to it! But didn't mention Mutants & Masterminds so I'm leaving it!

Nicole

Last edited:

JohnNephew

First Post
Purple said:
As I cannot get time off in August for GenCon, Origins will be the only major convention for me this year. What new stuff will publishers have available for me to blow my money on this year?

OCCULT LORE will be there. With 240 pages, 10 different magical fields (such as Alchemy, Astrology, Elementalism, and Herbalism, to name a few), all bound up in a hardcover package for $29.95, I think it's a really compelling value if you're looking for something new in the spellcasting and magic department. ;-)

The Liber Bestarius should be there.

Its at the printer now, Im supposed to get the proofs this week and I was told the printrun would be shipping before the end of the month to our warehouse and distributors who preorders.

For more information on the book, click below.

If you cant make Origins, you can alsway preorder the book from us or get it from your local game store.

Liber Bestarius

libercoversmall.jpg

Mystic Eye

First Post
We will have quite a bit. By the time Librum Equitis vol 1 (print version) and Blight Magic hit stores it will probably be right around Origins so I will consider both of those new at that show.

We will also have Foul Locales: Urban Blight and Giant Monster Rampage that will be brand new at Origins as well.

It will be fun.

Remove ads