• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

RedBeardJim

First Post
Gellan looks from one deva to the other. "So, you carry your people with you in a way? That is good, it is good to not be alone." To the towering dragonborn, he simply scratches his head and says, "I understand not one word in four of what you said."

KenHood

First Post
Tonk nudges Dextyr and Mikara, then points over at the conversing philosophers. He holds up his hands and flaps his thumb and fingers so they seem like speaking mouths.

"Blah blah blah!"

"Blah blah blah?"

"Blah blah!"

"Aaaaah! Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah! Blah blah blah?"

Then, he sniggers uncontrollably.

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr can barely keep the laughter inside at Tonk's hand pupet show.

"Yes Tonk. Yes indeed. I think they need something else to talk about", and he gets up from the table and goes over to the bar. He leans in and says something to the bartender and motions over to the the table with Gellan, Sogrrin, Feyr and Psais. The bartender looks at him funny and shakes his head no, but after a few more moments the bartender shrugs his shoulders and agrees. Dextyr then makes his way back to the table with Tonk, Tristan and Mikara.

"I think the cure for too much talkity-talk is more drinkity-drink. I didn't know what they liked so I took a guess."

A moment later the bartender emerges from behind the bar with a tray carrying some sort of drink in hollowed out coconuts with pinapple wedges and tiny umbrellas protruding from their tops. He heads over to the table with Gellan, Sogrrin, Feyr and Psais.

The bartender places the tray of drinks down in the middle of them and looks over to Dextyr.
"Dees 'er drinks are compliments from dem guys", and with that the bartender quickly backs away and heads back behind the bar. As the bartender heads back to the bar Dextyr smiles and waves over towards their table.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Murphy lets out a laugh at the antics of the newcomers, himself finding the stodgy conversations of the devas rather tedious and doing a great job of killing the light atmosphere of the tavern.

THushman

First Post
Destiny Silphyus scoffed, what a quaint concept. I have heard much about "destiny" and how it supposedly works, how it is both changing and static: poetic musings, all. I agree with the Surtyrian: there is no destiny, changable or otherwise. Read the Last Scripts of Niran-Ha and commit its formulas: you'll see.

Silphyus stared into his glass for a moment, a half-smile creeping across his face. Then, in an instant, it vanished. Instead, his eyes widened and he quickly tossed down what remained of his drink, slamming the glass on the table behind him.

DMDanW

First Post
"What is that?!"

Dextyr chuckles and replies, "It's a drink I remember my mother used to have on occasion back home. It's made from a blend of strong spirits and fruit juices. It tastes quite good actually, but it's appearance is what I was after. If that can't change the topic of conversation then I'm afraid nothing will."

Dextyr looks at Tonk with a straight face and without cracking a smile delivers, "I can order you one if you'd like..."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin simply shrugs, "I learned long ago not to agrue with the beliefs of others. Destiny to one is a task to another, yet may not exist to some." A disarming, toothy smile crosses his face.

The smile quickly turns to confusion as the odd drink comes before him. Shorrin turns his head to the man the barkeep credited with bringing the drinks, "Thank you friend. Pray tell, what exactly is this... thing?'' Shorrin raises his glass and sniffs it. Fruity.

KenHood

First Post
Dextyr looks at Tonk with a straight face and without cracking a smile delivers, "I can order you one if you'd like..."
Tonk bounces up and down in his seat, clapping his hands with glee. "Yes! Please! But no with the spirit. Papa say good Communist only drink vodka made by Party, and Party no is here, so no can drink. So sorry!"

RedBeardJim

First Post
Gellan's attention is drawn to the tray of drinks placed at their table, and his head tilts to one side as he looks at them curiously. Raising one hesitantly to his head, he takes a quick sniff. "It doesn't smell like poison." He then plucks the small umbrella from the top of the drink, completely baffled by it. "What is this for?"

Remove ads