• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New TEEN TITANS and JUSTICE LEAGUE (w/ Spoilers)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
I've looked and didn't see any threads about the new eps of Teen Titans or Justice League Unlimited that are to be aired (startign Saturday, July 31st), so here we go:

TEEN TITANS (eps air at 8:00pm EST)
Saturday July 31: "Betrayal" Terra is revealed to be a pawn of Slade.

Saturday Aug 7: "Fractured" Robin gets a helpful visit from his Number One Fan: a short little weirdo from another dimension known as LARRY THE TITAN! But unlucky for Robin, Larry's REALITY BENDING POWERS cause more problems than they fix.

Saturday Aug 14: "Aftershock, part 1" Terra gets an upgrade

Saturday Aug 21: "Aftershock, part 2" This ep marks the apparent deaths of both Slade & Terra.

Saturday Aug 28: "Deception" Cyborg infiltrates HIVE and meets up with Mammoth & Jynx.

Saturday Sept 4: "X" [no info found]

Animation Insider has some exciting news to share concerning season three of TEEN TITANS, which begins at the end of August (August 28th, the ep "Deception")! Sources have hinted at a few things to expect in in the next season. First, there's a new villian in town - but one familiar to long-time comic book readers - Brother Blood! Look for Brother Blood to propel a season-long arc for the next batch of 13 episodes. Blood, however, will be toned back from his comic-book counterpart, who was a fanatical religious zealot that bathed in a river of blood. Instead, the animated Blood will have other aspects of the character emphasized, such as his charismatic sway over the young and directionless.

The other exciting bit of news is the debut of a brand new Titans team: Titans East! Comic book readers recall the Titans West auxillary team... and this follows that proud tradition of East/West Titans teams. So who will be on Titans East? Look for Bumblebee, a couple of returning Titans who will thrill fans, and a couple of brand-new characters!

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED (eps air at 8:30pm EST)

26 1/2 hour episodes, each ep being a complete story in and of itself (unlike Season 1 & 2, which were almost all 2-part stories).

Saturday, July 31: "Initiation" A reluctant Green Arrow is asked to join the new Justice League. He, Supergirl and Captain Atom are dispatched on a mission to stop a rampaging nuclear monster in Asia.

Saturday, Aug. 7: "For the Man Who Has Everything" Batman and Wonder Woman surprise Superman at the Fortress of Solitude in order to bring the Man of Steel his birthday present. But when they arrive, he has been immobilized by a special "gift" that Mongul has delivered to him. [this will be an adaptation of the fantastic story by Alan Moore which appeared in the Superman comics]

Saturday, Aug. 14: "Hawk and Dove" Two siblings, one a pacifist and the other more aggressive, join Wonder Woman in a mission to stop a war between two neighbors. It turns out that the escalation of the conflict is all part of Ares' plan to spread misery.

Saturday, Aug. 21: "Fearful Symmetry" When Supergirl begins having some very disturbing dreams, she gets help from Green Arrow and The Question to figure out what is happening. It turns out she may not be dreaming after all.

Saturday, Aug. 28: "Kids' Stuff" Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are transformed into 8-year-olds in a desperate attempt to save the world from the magic of Mordred.

Saturday, Sept 4: "The Return" featuring AMAZO. May bear some resemblence to JLA #27, by Grant Morrison, where the core League is unable to beat Amazo on their own and call in every one of its reserve and back-up members. The Amazo in that issue has powers similar to Amazo in the animated series, in that he can adapt the powers of any League member just be seeing them.

Saturday, Sept 11: "This Little Piggy" featuring Zatana

Saturday, Sept 18: "Dark Heart" featuring The Atom.

Saturday, Sept 25: "Wake The Dead" featuring the return of Solomon Grundy!

Saturday, Oct 2: "Ultimatum" rumored to feature the return of Hawkgirl.

Last edited:

ShadowX

First Post
Looks good, I am big fan of Teen Titans. I have not been able to catch any Justice League though, I don't really know when it is on. I still have nightmares about Super Friends though, so maybe it is something subconscious keeping me from watching Justice League.

Ok looking at the schedule for JL, its not nearly as regular as Teen Titans which is probably why I miss it.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Justice League is so not Super Friends -- I'm fairly sure you'll like it ;) Part of the reason you may've missed it so often, though, was likely due to Cartoon Network's nasty habit of re-arranging their schedule every month or so.

I'll second Vecna's post. Justice League definately isn't the old Stupid Friends by any means. While I do acutaly like Teen Titans, I could certainly do without them turning JL into another anime kiddie-fest. If they keep to the standards they had in the first run of JL I'll be hooked before it even hits the air.

Real pitty about them shying away from the longer story arcs, that was something I liked about the first season. But I suppose I can see how show creators/producers don't much care for them as they seem to irritate people that can't religiously watch every eppisode just to keep up. Still, you'd think that 2-parters would be fine, especialy as the Cartoon Network seemed to like putting on late-night re-runs of both parts back to back. I always watched those showings whenever I could catch them.

I definately have to get TiVo or something similar though, I'm always missing some part of an arc, or just plain forgetting a show is on, especialy if I'm in the middle of a good game on my 'puter.

Hatchling Dragon

MulhorandSage

First Post
Episodes like "A Better World", "Only A Dream" and "Starcrossed" would have left the Superfriends version of the JL quivering, shaking and sent them running back to the Hall of Justice to curl up into fetal balls.

Scott Bennie

Hand of Vecna

First Post
I just found out CN's airing "Starcrossed" toight from 7:30-9:00 (i.e. in 1 minute). Nice of them to gvive us so much warning....

Oh, and, AFAIK, there are no plans to make JLU an kiddie anime show like TT is, nor are there any plans for a crossover. Which is a very, very good thing, considering how different the 2 shows are.

Last edited:

Chun-tzu

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
I just found out CN's airing "Starcrossed" toight from 7:30-9:00 (i.e. in 1 minute). Nice of them to gvive us so much warning....

Well, it's a rerun, so I can see why they may not have bothered, although CN could definitely use some more in-house promotion.

What I want to know is when they're going to show the final 3 episodes of Samurai Jack! According to TV Tome.com, the final episode aired in the UK on Monday (the 19th). And they apparently didn't even advertise that, either.

As a friend of mine explained to me when I was trying to understand why I didn't like Justice League:

The show is just about fighting. There is no character development, just adventure.

Chun-tzu

First Post
RangerWickett said:
As a friend of mine explained to me when I was trying to understand why I didn't like Justice League:

The show is just about fighting. There is no character development, just adventure.

Second season was much better than the first in this regard (and many others). I can point to plenty of examples: the romance between Green Lantern and Hawkgirl; the effect of Superman's death on Batman in Hereafter; the team making a tough moral decision about how to defeat their ruthless counterparts in A Better World; Hawkgirl's questioning of faith in The Terror Beyond. The season finale, the three-part Starcrossed, holds up well against any other well-written animated show, like Reboot or Beast Wars.

If you've mostly seen episodes from season 1, then you should know that the show gets a good deal better.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads